where's direct dial on droid 2?

dro-idiot

Reaction score
got a replacement phone today from 1 to 2. kinda sucks how it seemd to pick and choose which apps got transfered and which didn't. i figured i'd be all or none. but i can't figure out how to put my direct dials back. anyone know how?

OP
D

dro-idiot

Reaction score
just spent an hour in the verizon store and still nothing. i guess no one on here has a droid 2 that uses direct dial? if not, what do you guys use?

wernst

Reaction score
Droid X lacks this Direct Dial too. Sorry for no help - just an observation.

-Warr

heath223

Reaction score
I just got an upgrade D2 from D1 and can't get it either. Closest I can do is get an icon that links me to a contact then 1 touch dials the number. If you want that and havn't figured it out I can let you know how.

OP
D

dro-idiot

Reaction score
this place has an enormous amount of information of which i have received much help and support. it amazes me that the experts are NOT the people you buy the phone from. it's the users. that being said, i found my answer digging around on this forum. it's so simple and i already had this app downloaded previously for another reason (which it did not work). the app is any cut form the market.
longpress
shortcuts
any cut
direct call
select contact
there you go.

still looking for one to do a direct email. i email myself a lot of reminders throught the day. same as direct dial except it opens an email addressed to me and ready to go. any cut can't.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I just got a 2 from a 1....., you automatically have direct dial on the 2.... are you looking for a direct dial app?

go to your your dialer and and hit menu, speed dial set up is there.

OP
D

dro-idiot

Reaction score
direct dial, not speed dial. meaning, icon on the desktop of contact, one press and it calls said contact.

OP
D

dro-idiot

Reaction score
seriously...you cant long press on the home screen, add shortcut>direct dial?

seriously, i can't. wish i could, but i can't.
long press
shortcuts
-then no direct dial to be found.

any cut did the job and that's all i care about.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Wow. This is almost as lame as Google screwing up the silent mode in Froyo. Kinda makes you scratch your head and wonder why they took it out in the first place.

jayarmstrong

Reaction score
It's moto's decision. Just another reason it'd be nice to drop custom -- even vanilla -- ROMs on these phones. We installed Any Cut and that works perfectly. OCCW, as a widget, can't be moved into the launcher dock.

It's a fine workaround but it cost my client's $60 of my time, so thanks motorola! </sarcasm> This is the last time I buy or recommend an android phone with a locked bootloader.