Where where YOU, when you got the update?

evil_O

Reaction score
I was sitting in the living room... and I heard the marvelous txt alert go off... I selected install now... and awa...... o wait. That didn't happen. Just fantasy I guess. The wife's phone updated last night though. At least she was/is excited as I am.... *can you feel the sarcasm?*

808droid

Reaction score
Got it last night while I was in dance class, I went to open my keyboard to text my wife the meeting was running late and there it was...

The more I use my DROID, the more I love it...by the way, battery life is so much better after the update...

captclueless

Reaction score
and I am correct that you don't have to have wifi turned for this update? It comes over the 3g network?

jtetterton

Reaction score
Woke up about 2am last night to my work blackberry going off, decided to check the droid for messages, there it was.. took about 10 minutes to install and reboot.

appirishmen

Reaction score
i was in bed. i woke up to check my alarm so i wouldnt miss my final and the update came up.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten mine either. I am gonna wait for it to come to me, cause with my luck, I would do it manually and brick the damn phone.
Your phone is not rooted. You will not mess it up. It may take you 1 or 2 goes but it will either update or not open the folder. There are step by step instructions on how to do it on this forum.

Reaction score
I was actually reading this forum about the update, and searching for new apps in the market, as I got the update.

Graffin

Reaction score
I was actually reading this forum about the update, and searching for new apps in the market, as I got the update.
Ditto, I was browsing this forum wondering when I would get the update when it hit.

Loving it so far. Not a single regret with this phone, I'm getting tons of use out of it. My Dare was a POS by comparison.

Reaction score
Weirdest thing, right after the update, my 4 icons, and the keyboard would no longer light up under any circumstances. Also my screen brightness was 100% and would not dim, even though autodim was checked.

Shut down/battery out/restarted, same thing.

Deselected auto dim, suddenly 4 icons and keyboard lit up, reselected auto dim, icons/keyboard stayed lit, screen dims normally in low light again. Weird...

superglen99

Reaction score
at my house in Auburn,Wa about 1:15am friday morning watching Fringe, the best show on tv. :) all is well with the update. no probs here!!!