Where to start...

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Clownzer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Clownzer

Clownzer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I did a quick search and found a lot of places that talk about updating ROMs but for those of us just starting out....

Where is a good place to know how to load RUBIX or another alternative on to a stock phone?

Thanks

Clownzer

2. Es0ter1c

Es0ter1c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would start by reading the FAQ and hacks and ROM forums until you can ferret out the absolutes. If you brick your phone it will be useless AND expensive. It can be stressful watching your phone while booting the first few times, so if you don't do well with that process, maybe save it for a weekend or a day when you have several hours to devote to it. I barely have my feet wet and still am learning every day just by lurking in the forums.

3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    +1! Read, read, read....and read some more! Furbearingmammal has a link to an excellent guide in his signature. The process is extremely easy but, its important to understand what root is and does, trust me!

DroidForums junkie!!

4. deantemple

deantemple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And you just had to start out with the X, good choice lol. Once you root, get rom manager and make yourself familiar with clockworkmod recovery. Also search around, and figure out which .sbf you need for the setup you have (put that on your computer in case you brick your phone). The developers usually put good, specific instructions on loading their roms in the posts, follow them exactly. Once you do it a few times it's not really a big deal.... i often flash roms on my commute to work, lol. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. roooler

roooler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Follow the Link in my Signature ;) everything u need to learn to start off.