Where to next??

jrobi25

Reaction score
Was on Apex 1.4....loved it, got bored and went to Liberty 1.5,then 2.0....now I'm bored again and need to kill some time....so peoples, where to next??...rubiXfocused?....gummyjar??.....darkslide???.....any suggestions??

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Rubix is amazing. Its probably the best rom out atm (imo). My only problem is there aren't any themes that I really like (unlike with liberty... which is probably the second best rom). It has great battery life and is very fast and smooth.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

turdbogls

Reaction score
IMO, all the AOSP roms for froyo are all the same minus a few things
IMO all the blur ROM for froyo are all the same minus a few thing
basically, if you got bored with the custom ROMs, you are going to have to switch it up a bit.

i suggest slapping Gingerbread on there. completely different look, with the new moto blur which is actually pretty good. it is faster than froyo, better battery life ect. there are only a handful of themes for it, and only a handful of ROMs for it.

if you are still bored, look into bootanimations, icon packs, app modding, widget modding ect. these phones are great, and have tons of things available to make it how you want it to look/act.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
+1 for GB. I've been on it for two weeks and still not bored. I'd say that's pretty good!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
IMO, all the AOSP roms for froyo are all the same minus a few things
IMO all the blur ROM for froyo are all the same minus a few thing
basically, if you got bored with the custom ROMs, you are going to have to switch it up a bit.

i suggest slapping Gingerbread on there. completely different look, with the new moto blur which is actually pretty good. it is faster than froyo, better battery life ect. there are only a handful of themes for it, and only a handful of ROMs for it.

if you are still bored, look into bootanimations, icon packs, app modding, widget modding ect. these phones are great, and have tons of things available to make it how you want it to look/act.

I have to agree with him. I tried almost all the roms and they are all good in their own way. I liked Rubix the most as it felt the fastest and most stable. Right now I'm on rooted OTA Gingerbread. Moto really did a good job with the new blur and frankly, I'm not really upset with it. I'll probably end up using an ASOP GB ROM when/if one is released. If Rubix ever released a GB Blur rom, I'll give it a shot right off.

Reaction score
I get bored easy too with roms. Give Fission a try. It has a lot of customizations and is very stable. That's what I've been using for about a month now. It has a tool box kinda like Liberty. Granted, there is not nearly as many options as Liberty may give you but the fact that's its a stable rom with no freezes wins me over.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pin0y23

Reaction score
right now I'm running liberty liberty 2.0.1 with pures theme. was running gingerbread rooted, non ota, then decided that I wanted a bit mroe customization and switched to this, I'm loving it. Until gb comes out with a more aosp rom, maybe perhaps a liberty gb release in the future? I plan on sticking with this setup. don't get me wrong gingerbread shouldn't be sold short it is great without a doubt, but the liberty is just home for me on fro yo.