where to from OG Droid.

Fr8Hauler

Reaction score
I know it is asked over and over. I'm sorry. I have had my OG Droid, for 2 years. Worked flawlessly. I rooted, ran UD, and have been on
Sourcery for over a year. Well, I thought, but don't have insurance. My power button has stopped working. I have to force it to do anything,
and am sure that it is going to die. I've looked on line locally to no avail.

So, since I have an upgrade and may not be able to wait since I have to have a phone.
Which direction should I go? I know that it is preference, but I don't change roms, as you can see, but i do like to customize it.
I do use wifi tether very easily on my Droid, though not to excess. I refuse to misuse a good thing. I just tether my xoom
while working on the road.

I have heard that the Incredible II, is good, some things about the Charge. I would like a reliable phone, nice screen image, root-able.

I really appreciate everything that the good folks here do and provide.:icon_ banana:
So I will say thank. You.

Input????

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
you won't go wrong with the bionic and i can tell you as a proud owner of the OG droid when it released back in 09 its been the best decision ive made especially if your the rooting and theme every day type like myself .... the developing for bionic is blooming with roms like blurr3d, liberty 3 and coming soon cm7 you cant over look it... you can also wait for the droid razr but you'll have to be very patient because it has a locked boot.

OP
F

Fr8Hauler

Reaction score
Update, if I may. Looked at RAZR, BIONIC, and Thunderbolt.
RAZR's screen didn't look very sharp, and seemed to have a blueish "tint" to it. I have large hands, and it still felt odd. Screen was also jittery.
Tbolt and BIONIC looked pretty good however the Rep seemed OK with charging 3 times a day, after a full nights charge on her TBolt. REALLY? Cannot have that, I must have a functional phone.

It must be able to tether, both wifi and USB, storage, and would like a nice screen.
Is this still the BIONIC, or one of the HTC phones? Resound maybe. I leave to go out of town tomorrow, please offer some input, I really value the knowledge on this forum.

So far, I've gotten two solids for the BIONIC.
Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums

Dilligaf

Reaction score
OP says he's having hardware issues (power button not working) so he may not have time to wait for the Nexus.

FWIW, I run Cyanogen Mod 7.1 on my OG, and it has a feature to allow you to wake the phone up with the volume buttons. That may keep your OG usable long enough for you to make the right decision for you. Just sayin'.

mtpeke

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation. Org droid. Phone is showing wear and is a bit buggy. Need to update but not sure what to get. Use email a lot, surfing net and teathering when traveling.

Mr Sherry

Reaction score
My D1 is dying slowly i must say. To be fair its had a rough life (nearly bricked it a few times, had to throw it in the freezer a few times due to heat, dropped it in a puddle, and numerous drops on concrete) I think most people who have have the OG Droid are coming up on upgrades soon. Im looking into the Bionic and the new Nexsus although i just heard about the D4 now... Any thoughts on which phones will get the most Dev. love? I love being rooted (running SS5.5 because 5.6 wasnt very happy with my D1) but the features in Ice Cream Sandwich might be enough to make me forget about rooting for a while ;)

666ogre666

Reaction score
I turned my camera button into my power button using button remapper beta from a forum post on xda, its pretty simple to use and it has made my phone infinitly more usable

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sjackson007

Reaction score
I love hearing from people out there having the same problems making decision's as I do. I haven't played with the razr so I can't speak to it but I can speak for the tbolt. I upgraded my wife just before tiered data plans came out. Battery life, not so good. Rooted and running BAMF cubed and its amazing. Fast and smooth, no problems. My only experience with the bionic was brief and I wasn't really impresssed with the display. However it was smooth and fast. I promised myself I would try and hold out til the nexus. Just remember you can buy a phone and return it by Jan 15, for a restock fee. I think you'll be fine with any ofbtye choices. Also remember anything you buy today will look like the OG in 2 yrs compared to new releases. So I say pick the one that feels best. Imo

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums