Where to find playlist folder on the sdcard?

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate the play list folder for music on the sdcard and cannot find it anywhere. I've tried using a program called doubletwist to sync music to my droid but it just wont recognize my droid. So I just drag and drop music but i can't seem to find the play list folder.

zxsix

Reaction score
Playlists that you create in a music software on your computer can be placed anywhere on the SD card. When the droid scans the card it will find them and add them to the music player.
I put mine in /music/playlists folder.

Playlists created from within the music app on the droid will not appear on the SD card.

OP
F
Reaction score
I understand that but it still wont show up as a playlist on the stock music app. I have a folder which i named Music and another folder I just created called play list, the music app scans all the songs but whats the point of creating a play list folder if you cant even use it? I don't want to listen to every song I have that's why i created the play list folder.

zxsix

Reaction score
The playlists work just fine on mine. I use about a dozen of them in m3u format.
You may want to download an app from the marketplace called SDRescan.
Run that after putting the playlists on the droid and before launching the music app.

OP
F
Reaction score
I'm just trying to find a program that would make it easier for me to sync music. I've tried doubletwist which doesnt work for me and ipod agent which also doesnt work. I don't want to create a playlist manually from the stock music app that will just take forever.

zxsix

Reaction score
I use J. River Media Center.
MediaMonkey is also known to work with the Droid.

Both of these have smartlist capabilities and you don't build the playlists manually.

OP
F
Reaction score
I use J. River Media Center.
MediaMonkey is also known to work with the Droid.

Both of these have smartlist capabilities and you don't build the playlists manually.

For some weird reason MedianMonkey doesn't locate my Droid. Same thing happened with doubletwist.

zxsix

Reaction score
Did you mount the droid after connecting to the USB cable?
Before you even attempt using a music program, the droid MUST show up as a drive when you view "My Computer" and it lists all your hard drives/cd rom/portable drives.
Mine shows up as an F: drive but will likely be different on yours.
That has to be working first.
Then you can worry about music programs.

OP
F
Reaction score
Did you mount the droid after connecting to the USB cable?
Before you even attempt using a music program, the droid MUST show up as a drive when you view "My Computer" and it lists all your hard drives/cd rom/portable drives.
Mine shows up as an F: drive but will likely be different on yours.
That has to be working first.
Then you can worry about music programs.

Yeah I know how to do all that and it does show up on my computer but for some reason the device wont show up on other music programs. Don't know whats wrong.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest troubleshooting whatever problem it is that you're having. I'm not sure how it works with other sync solutions but iTunes Agent places a file on the SD card to identify the device to iTunes Agent. If you tried iTunes Agent and skipped the setup step to generate the file then that may be your issue.

Plenty of other people use the other sync solutions mentioned so something isn't quite right with either your Droid, your PC, your setup or how you're performing the sync. It would be worthwhile IMO to look into it and resolve the matter. I'm sure people here would be willing to help with whatever solution you decide to work with.

papy72

Reaction score
Doesn't Moto have some kind of syncing software of their own? Motorola Media Link (or something like that)?

stevewithavision

Reaction score
music transfer

I used Windows Media player to transfer what I wanted from wma to mp3 format to a music file I had to enter and it worked fine! I'm new at this, but perhaps the files you are putting on the droid's sd card are not in mp3 format. (just an idea)

rampage42

Reaction score
I use Salling on my Mac to my Motodroid, works great!!
Go to salling.com