Where to find a Cradle?

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by HugoSchmidt, Jul 12, 2011.

1. HugoSchmidt

HugoSchmidt New Member

Hello,
    I just bought my Commando and have been loving it. I am regularly hiking, skiing, kayaking, getting dirty. This phone rocks. That said, someone suggested I get the cradle to charge so I minimize the amount of time I open and close the USB port (because each time I open and close it, I take a little life out of the o-ring).

Anyways, I can't find one anywere. The Verizon store wants to charge $30 for JUST the cradle. Crazy price, but even then, it's not available - currently sold out. I checked Amazon.com and eBay. NOTHING. I tried finding the "official Casio Commando" website, but I can't. I went to casio.com but they don't even refer to phones, let alone the Commando.

Does anyone know (for sure) where I can find a cradle?
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

A cradle wouldn't be much use.

Almost every cradle for every phone still uses the USB port to charge the phone, so there is no point to having a cradle to reduce USB port usage.

What you should be looking into is inductive charging, something similar to the Palm Touchstone.

Currently, there doesn't appear to be an inductive charging back for the Commando.

-Mike
  3. runsondiesel

runsondiesel New Member

Commando cradle

I got mine from Verizon online about two week ago. Just had to keep watching for when they were in stock and jump on it. Expensive, but you won't regret it.

It does NOT use the usb port. It uses the charger contacts along the left side. It works way better than my wife's Palm inductive block of crap that is so picky about how it's positioned that it doesn't stay connected long enough to charge. She's given up on it and gone back to using the usb port.

~David
  4. cbreze

cbreze New Member

The cradle rocks and as was stated above you do not open the usb port on the phone to use it, just touches the contacts. They are in stock at verizons site right now. I just ordered a second one from . $22.49
  5. runsondiesel

runsondiesel New Member

I got mine for $22 also. I didn't mention that because not everyone has 25% off accessories in their account. I did get irate because I also bought a spare battery and Verizon required a signature. It took a week and four FedEx trips for me to actually get the stuff in my hands.
  6. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Yeah,Verizon uses the sig to cover their butts. Fedex allows you to leave a signed note authorizing receiving it, which is what I usually need to do.
  7. tmcdonal

tmcdonal New Member

In stock?

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I've been searching for this cradle for a week for the same reason as the OP - I want to keep my Commando as sealed as possible. (and wondering where I'll be buying replacement o-rings down the road..)

I've looked every day at VW.com ( http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12597&accessoryId=47531 if you're signed in) as well as other spots - no dice, even on the days when others said it was available. Two days ago, I called VW and the the rep had no idea or ETA. Has this become available and then sold out in the same day?

Alternately, does anyone know the charging voltage from the cradle and which contact is positive/negative? I'm not against making my own as accessing the USB is getting old for a "rugged" phone.

-Tom
  8. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Hi Tom, sorry your having trouble. I see your link, so not understanding your problem unless it's sold out which I don't see mentioned. I went thru the ordering process yesterday and cancelled only at the last minute because I realized I'm out of town most of next week and would not be here to accept it. I had no trouble going thru the process and being signed in got the cheaper price as well. Have you actually got to the end of the ordering process and it wasn't available or something? I'm going to order another one next week as I want one for home as well as office.
  9. tmcdonal

tmcdonal New Member

When I access the link, I see "This item is temporarily out of stock" highlighted in red on the right side under Device Compatibility. No option to purchase. Are you saying you see something different?

I'm trying to get three of these (home, work, vehicle). Expensive, but well worth it, IMO. If you somehow have access, that I don't(???), let me know and we can make a deal where I'll pay for yours. Seriously.

-Tom
  10. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Wow this is weird, I just looked at it again and went thru the process to the last button push but didn't order it then I refreshed the page and it is indeed showing out of stock in "red". Sorry man, guess we have to wait. "Good things come to those that wait".
    If I see them anywhere else I'll send you a pm. BTW, My kid is in San Antonio, her husband just started training at fort Sam. Nice town, just kinda humid.
  11. tmcdonal

tmcdonal New Member

Well, it's not quite as humid when all the area water is drying up. Welcome to Texas for her. This is an exceptionally bad year heat-wise, but you learn to adjust. I got married in a July and all the Northern folk were /strikethrough/ complaining/ commenting on the month of choice. We told them that's why God created A/C.

If you wouldn't mind putting a polarized voltmeter on those charger leads, I (and a few others I imagine) would be very appreciative.

-Tom
  12. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Well, I'm striking out on the cradles. I would have liked to get a 2nd, oh well maybe verizon will come thru later. As for the volt meter, sorry I don't have one. I can tell you this tho it does take a little longer to charge fully using the cradle over the regular plugin which makes me think it's of a lesser power intensity. Other charging cradles I've used seem to be this way to. I use the hotspot feature also and thats where the cradle is very useful as it needs to be charging when the hotspot is activated on account of the power draw.
    Awesome phone tho. :):):)
  13. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 New Member

I have the dock, I'll check the voltage when I get home. I would guess it would be 5 volts same as the power cord.
    But "WHY THE RUM?!"
  14. toddb88

toddb88 New Member

It's available at the Verizon site now. Just ordered mine!
  15. tmcdonal

tmcdonal New Member

Thank you! I grabbed my three while the getting was good!

No need on my account now, but it might be worth it for someone else.

*NOW* if I could just figure out why all my wife's messages come from (her number)@vtext.com and not her number. Still searching on that one.

-Tom
  16. treefrog20012003

Ok people, the pin closest to the power button is the positive terminal. The dock puts out 5.06 volts dc, I would assume the amperage would be whatever the plug in portion is. So if it was a 850mA then the dock would match. I have a 850mA at 5.1 volts hooked up to mine which is the stock one.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"
  17. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

So anyone found a dock for the car yet? Or tried to use the dock we have with a DC cable in the car?
  18. treefrog20012003

I actually was thinking of this, using the car charger to power the phone while navigating. I dont see why it would not work and with the one app i gotr from the amazon store it should work fine and allow for a person to use the camera as well. Ill try it and let you all know.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"
  19. treefrog20012003

Ok so i put my dock in the car and hooked up the car charger. One, yes it works if you like to look at the hood of you car if you have a augmented reality application, two just for maps it is great. I prefer the vertical dock i had for my droid but this works.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"
  20. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Apparently the cradles are sold out again :( Guess I wasn't. quick enough. :(
Search tags for this page
casio commando accessories cradle
casio commando charging dock

casio commando cradle

casio commando cradle charger

casio commando desk cradle
casio commando desktop charger
casio commando dock
casio commando docking cradle
casio g'zone commando charging cradle
casio g'zone commando desktop charger cradle

commando cradle