Where to buy Droid to get company discount?

dberthia

Reaction score
I work for a large corporation that offers a discounted rate for voice plans through Verizon. I know I can get this rate by providing some ID at my local Verizon store, but am wondering if other places that are offering a discount on the Droid hardware (like Sears, etc) would also honor the corporate discount. I'm speculating that I'd need to go through a Verizon store directly, but am curious if others have been through this process.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The corporate discount is on the account, it doesn't matter where you get the phone, if your account already shows a corporate discount then it will stay on there (did for me). I got mine at the verizon store though just because i had the New every 2 discount. do you already have an account with verizon that has your corporate discount applied to it?

OP
dberthia

dberthia

Reaction score
Well, the problem is that I don't have an existing account. This would be a new one.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well you can easily add the corporate discount after you buy the phone, all you need to do is go into the store and show that you are a employee at that company (usually a pay stub and/or ID). If you do this before your first month is up, it will still apply for that month.

newDroider

Reaction score
I got my phone for $99. Instant rebate if you buy it online through verizon's site.

denlem

Reaction score
Your company may also have a link they can provide you too. I was able to do that. Through that link you just need to enter your phone number and work email. Then a verification email came in and that was it.

I get 21% off my first line, and I think I just got 20% off the data plan. Plus 25% off accessories. Each company has different plans, so your discount may vary.

Unfortunately, there was no additional discount for the Droid.