Where to Begin (Hardly Charges, Can't Make Outgoing Calls...)

SHuntsman

Reaction score
I apologize if there are similar posts to this, I tried my best to dig through the forums for some answers. If anyone has any help/advice for my DROID 2 Global, I'd love to hear it:

-For the first two months, my phone would charge fully in under an hour; Now, I'm lucky if it will charge overnight, and only charges if it's held in certain positions while plugged in (Has been attempted with a variety of chargers).

-Cannot access call logs, (call button is essentially just a picture now) cannot make outgoing calls (50/50 through my contacts, but if the number isn't saved in my phone, there's no hope)

-Incredibly laggy, even when I don't have any extra applications running (And sometimes won't receive texts/voicemails until the following day--Not sure if the text thing might be Handcent screwing up, but either way, it's obnoxious)

Thanks in advance for any input!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
- Your charging port has removed itself from the main board. The only fix is opening up the phone and re-soldering the charge port to the board. This is caused by 'jerking' the charger out of the charge port with too much force. (I used to see it all the time when I worked as a phone technician.)
- You can wipe data/cache via Recovery, but you will lose anything and everything not stored via Google or on your SD card.