Where the nexus shine

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm curious.. What ROM's do you find perform best in terms of "smoothness"/Stability/Battery-Life? I have been using GummyNex for a while (since 0.9.x) and just updated to 1.2.5 a few days ago and while my browser no longer force-closes constantly (knocks on wood), the battery is much worse! I just love the ROM's layout/feel/everything, so it's really hard to change!

Anyway, I would be very interested in your opinion!!
Thanks!
- nleksan
I've tried about 3 different ROMs total on my Nexus and all performed well. There are some differences that led me to the ROM I'm favoring now, but by no means are there any "bad" ROMs on the Nexus. You can do what I do, if it works for you of course, is keep a nandroid backup of each ROM and you can switch it up every week if you get bored or something.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Playing on my phone but I am going for a 23hour pic and i am 11 mins away. Lets see if i make it.:biggrin:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Made it. Now switching batteries.

ae311bec-f8c5-7bfd.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may be sort of off topic but I've found for those that are still having 4G signal drops on the 4.0.4 radios, you should fast boot the 4.0.4 CDMA radio and the leaked 4.0.4 LTE radio. Picking up 4G all over my house now and signal drops (while not completely fixed) are much improved.

Edit: Actually have even BETTER results with the leaked 4.0.4 LTE radio (FA02) and have edited my post to reflect that. People with drops need to try this. This is the one area this phone falls short in. Everything else is phenomenal.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've tried about 3 different ROMs total on my Nexus and all performed well. There are some differences that led me to the ROM I'm favoring now, but by no means are there any "bad" ROMs on the Nexus. You can do what I do, if it works for you of course, is keep a nandroid backup of each ROM and you can switch it up every week if you get bored or something.

Get bored? No way! :biggrin:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I continue to enjoy the mods and unique styles devs add to their roms. Magic ;)

ae311bec-f5af-7333.jpg
ae311bec-f5b8-bd21.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man if you are not rooted and romming you are truly missing out. All the developers/roms from aokp, sourcery, cm, paranoid rom, kangorade, cm, gummy, eclipse, slim, dt roms, etc (if i missed your rom or theme no disrespect just sooo many good ones to name). Guys its so awesome and these guys are making the nexus arguably vzw's best device. My hats off to all devs and ima keep giving love and showing off new tweaks when I add it to my nexus. Any one have something they want to show do so. I want the world to know why its great to own an unlocked and rooted nexus. :hail:DancingNexus

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jelly bean time...just sayin

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (soon to be running jelly bean while yall still on gingerbread.....mad, get a nexus) using Tapatalk 2

SwagTech

Reaction score
You guys just saved me from pre- ordering the S3.. I really love my Nexus .Running AOKP build 40 with the S3 add on pack. Seeing those images and the thought of having Jellybean soon reminded me why I fell in love. I buy a new phone every 8 months to a year and I promised I would keep this phone until it fell apart lol...

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys just saved me from pre- ordering the S3.. I really love my Nexus .Running AOKP build 40 with the S3 add on pack. Seeing those images and the thought of having Jellybean soon reminded me why I fell in love. I buy a new phone every 8 months to a year and I promised I would keep this phone until it fell apart lol...

+1 on the keep phone until it falls apart.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of Ebay this xmas to play with. I miss all the fun of romming.

Can you utilize the NFC chip and pay with it using google wallet at stores? That seems pretty sweet

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you can use Google wallet to buy stuff. But yeah it should be a good device to play with.