Where the heck did Pete go :)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by justicw, Aug 20, 2010.

1. justicw

justicw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HEY PETE!!! Where ya at brother we need some BB SOOON!!!! :) :) :)

I won't run any other rom so I am getting itchy waiting for some new BB stuff LOLdancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't know where he is but I've seen an awful lot of these threads and they don't end up to good. Try finding Pete on twitter or at his website. Google Peter Alfonso

3. jmeden

jmeden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Twitter says he's been pretty busy with school work. It happens. .5 will come soon enough.

4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    From the interview Pete did, he is switching from hacking on the leaked Froyo rom to actually compiling a rom from source. This takes a bit more work and setup than just opening a .zip file and editing it like he was doing before.

Give him some time to set up a build environment, fork the source to his own repository and then edit the source files and compile.

5. guardianali

guardianali New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well hes also developing roms for other phones now too apparently, like the galaxy s. Which is cool, but then divides his time between them and thus slower Droid 1 releases.

6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    lol i i were pete, id be doing this exact thing. making people wait would be amazing. I guess im just a cruel person though. I hate everyone equally. :icon_ banana: lol i bet he will release it soon enough though, and if my memory is right he is not doing a sorce build until .6, his next release it .5 so it will probly be like a better v.4. If .6 is source then i hope he would just call it v1.

7. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I have moved on...SS 4.7 ;)

8. sc4fpse

sc4fpse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's the girl!

1. Find Pete's girl.
    2. Hold her hostage.
    3. ?????
    4. PROFIT!

9. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Let me put this as clearly and politely as possible and hopefully others will read this thread before asking the same thing. And take no offense, as Hookbill mentioned there have been quite a few threads almost identical in nature and by page 2 they become a flamefest.

Pete is trying to teach himself how to compile the Android OS as well as teaching himself Java. By the end of the day this will mean that Pete will be able to do incorporate features into his ROMs that he hadn't been able to previously do.

Learning how to create the build environment and how to program both take time so if you want a ROM with lots of updates you would be better off looking elsewhere. Every ROM is going to have it's pluses and minuses and only you can decide for yourself.

As far as him abandoning the Droid1, sit down and think about things logically. If he is trying to learn how to develop for Android, sticking with the Droid1 is ideal for the reason that it provides as close to a" google experience" than the Galaxy or DroidX. This means the Droid1 is ideal for learning the.fundamentals with. As long as Pete is devloping (which he does on his own time for free) and as long as he still owns a Droid1 I would suspect he will always have something new to learn.

Anyone else reading this and who then wants to create a thread asking the same thing, please stop yourself and use common sense and or the search features found here on this site or Google. I'm busy at the moment so please excuse any spelling or gramatical errors and try to stay cool today. It's a hot one :)

10. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Lol Ok I need to add this to my post above...this is also probably so true even though sc4fpse was joking :)

11. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I ended up going to Petes download section on his web site and loading FRG22 DeOdexed version he had there. Went straight from v0.4 to this ROM with no issues and no cleaning of anything. All the apps stayed as well as settings. Got the latest google maps with it. Did not come with flash so I downloaded it elsewhere and then installed on the FRG22 ROM again with no issue. Also installed 250-1100-v32kernal again with no issue, no extra heat from the CPU and no loss of battery length. Quantrant reading of at the maximum CPU setting with SetCPU of 1359.

12. Lurkingfear

Lurkingfear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sapphire 1.0.... that's all i gotta say.