Where should I post my questions re a Motorola Droid?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Where should I post my questions re a Motorola Droid phone? They both seem reasonable choices.

Should it be

1. Droid Discussions, then Droid General Discussions

or

2. Droid phones by model, then Motorola Droid.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
1 is probably your best bet, unless the question fits better into one of the other categories (apps, hacks, app development, accessories)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny, I've often spent more time on this forum wondering which is the best area, than I do on any other board.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
welcome. what you should do before creating another thread is to use the search function.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that this question has allready been asked and I can find the answer if I search for it? I can't read minds yet.

Haha not this question, but there are plenty of repeat threads out there. This one is a nice original change of pace.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Would it be better to narrow it down and only have one choice where we should be posting questions re our Motorola Droid phones?

If there are two categories, then you browse two different sections.

Does this make sense?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would it be better to narrow it down and only have one choice where we should be posting questions re our Motorola Droid phones?

Does this make sense?

Yes and no, I certainly understand your confusion. "Droid" can refer to a couple of phones, whereas Motorola Droid only refers to one. You're safe posting in either, but I think the former gets more traffic.

OP
A

AlphaDroid

Reaction score

Does this make sense?

Yes and no, I certainly understand your confusion. "Droid" can refer to a couple of phones, whereas Motorola Droid only refers to one. You're safe posting in either, but I think the former gets more traffic.

So the Motorola Droid is the more specific choice, but the other one, Droid Discussions, then Droid General Discussions, gets more traffic? Looks like it's 8,500 compared to 1,500 threads in the two different categories.

If it was narrowed down to one, we wouldn't have to browse two categories? I guess the Admin people are aware of this?

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the Motorola Droid is the more specific choice, but the other one, Droid Discussions, then Droid General Discussions, gets more traffic?

If it was narrowed down into one, we wouldn't have to browse two categories? I guess the Admin people are aware of this?

EHHH sort of. "Droid" refers to a few things, Motorola Droid, Droid Eris, the Droid OS....

Fortunately or unfortunately, most of us have the phone that meets both requirements. I think the Droid General section gets more traffic, but not having the Motorola Droid section would leave some other people lost. I honestly think you're just overthinking it. Just dont post a question about the phone charger in the "hacking" section, and you'll be OK.

I'm sure the admins are aware. I, like a lot of people, often forget that many people are running the "Droid" OS, and I just happen to have a phone with the same name.