where should i go now?

chefb

Reaction score
Ive installed 596 ...its ok im dedoxed,and felling fright what should I do? Im looking for speed, dependability,customization. The floor is your ladies and gentalmen...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty gingerbread rom. Dl the donate toolbox and flash the gb nightly (i believe it's on 0.6 on the dx)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I heard library is much better now. Plus if you're looking for customization, liberty is the way to go

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Zombiestomp has been updated?.....bump

GTX1

Reaction score
Go with Liberty Nightlies, not because of themes, not because of customizations, but because their Nightlies aren't even nightlies by the standard of Cyanogen(which is to actually release builds nightly). Which actually turns out pretty good for the end user, because their tri-week(is that fair?) release schedule means that the builds are actually releases that update the same rom. It was Nightly the first 2, and now the releases are very stable, I got 2 days on a single charge while at Disneyland.

Bugs? Find some, It is almost like going on a little treasure hunt.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Nice..... how would you advise someone coming from 596 rooted dedoxed? And could download and flash the nightly without wifi....thanks

Last edited:

mcp770

Reaction score
Chef, as you know everyone has a unique experience on a given rom it seems. With that said I have tried all the 585 roms from lexlite to liberty. On 595 the clearcut winner "for me " was zombie. I decided to give 596 a go this week and started with liberty .6 and found it to be annoyingly buggy in too many aspects. Given not everyone has the same issues I did I wont go into detail. I did another Sbf and am now giving 596 a shot with busybox, imoseyon 7.1, crt /batt indicator mod, and pull down edit tweak. Basically I have attained the same level of customization and bloat removal without installing an actual rom and I am running much better than my liberty experience.

I plan to try modified stock for a day or two but truly hope zombie stomped is updated to 596. If it isn't I may actually revert to 595 and run it again. So far no real option for 596 as far as I'm concerned.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
It's funny because I e been leaning towards liberty.....but if or when I decide to flash any rom Im going to theme it to look like stock gb...lol I want somthing like you have the functionality of a rom, debloated and tweaked. But nun of the branding.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty GB has a stock gb blur theme that looks cool. I believe mr. Brady has a thread on it.