Where is the OEM ESE53 ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Modulus, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Modulus

Modulus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm off the forums for 2 days and suddenly everyone's talking about the ESE53 based ROMs..
    That's nice and all, but right now I'm running the Stock 2.0.1, rooted, with busybox, a couple of my own little tweaks..

While I am excited for Live Wallpapers and whatever other cool tweaks and additions made 2.1, I'd really rather just install a clean 2.1 ROM with root, and at the most, busybox. Basically, I'm looking for whatever ROM they'll eventually push to us, but rooted. Where should I be looking, because I haven't seen anything yet..

Are there any rumors that there will be something newer than ESE53 getting pushed out to us? I find it hard to believe that they'd build a full release, and then not release it. That's the exact opposite of how it actually works in the software world.. We're almost always shipping too early with too many bugs.

2. CyBuzz

CyBuzz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would be interested in this too. Sometimes a Stock ROM is what you need....though Ultimate and Smoked are pretty good.

3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That will pretty much only be available when it is pushed as on OTA Update. The leaked ESE53 has only been incorporated with ROMs. Cynaogen ROM (koush's) is pretty much stock (You have a choice between his updated Launcher 2 or the updated Launcher.

4. bigben

bigben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't mean to be flip

Yep, it would be nice to know where it is but quite honestly the current roms out by our clever developers makes the stock 2.1 a mute point.

Based on some experience with other carrier roms on other smartphones, the only thing putting the stock rom gains is a limitation to capabilities.

Just my 2 cents.

5. Modulus

Modulus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, you must actually have meant a mute point, since a moot point suggests that something is up for debate.
    Regardless, the internet gives me a voice, and I choose to use it to tell other people that if they want freedom and choice, it's around, they just have to search a little.

From alldroid: Re: [Release] Droid 2.1 ESE53 SBF file

This appears to be the actual leaked ESE53 SBF, interestingly, it doesn't include Launcher 2.1, but does include Live Wallpapers..

The process is a bit more involved, but someone else posted a nandroid dump later in the thread, including su and busybox..

6. shaggy3131

shaggy3131 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also means of little or no value

Like a stock ROM

7. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    Mute point is something intarweb noobs type when they don't know the difference between moot and mute.

Its NEVER been mute.

That said, given a little time, I can put together a 100% stock ROM (aside from SPRecovery or Clockwork) if you wish.

I can see the value and respect in some people wanting to run stock and not a super customized version.

8. Modulus

Modulus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I forgot my <sarcasm /> tag, since I'm splitting hairs, can I point out that the SBFs are the closest things to ROMs we actually have, these tar.gz and update.zip files are really just archives, or packages, of files.. at best, packages of partition images.

I know when 2.1 finally drops, I'll be able to root it, and have a fully clean stock ROM. The idea that a stock ROM is useless is of less value than a stock ROM.

Thanks adrynalyne, but I can probably just use the SPRecovery backup the guy posted on alldroid. Besides, since we're using obscure and questionable legal terms, Murphy thinks the official 2.1 will drop about 2 days after I upgrade to the leaked version... I'd hate for you to waste time on something that is decidedly worthless by collective.. ;)

9. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
  10. bigben

bigben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mute I think

I hear you knocking but an OEM rom is restrictive. Thank you for the grammar lesson and you are correct on the grammar but incorrect on the noobie. Yep like many with a Droid I am newbie, but been doing this stuff in some form or other for about 32 years. But hey thanks for the grammar lesson. Maybe I am wrong about the OEM rom being more restrictive than the good creative rom developers = maybe I am not. It just my opinion as you have so creatively point out is my entitlement via the internet. As it others to return to an OEM.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  11. Humpa

Humpa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured I might as well post here, since I have these links handy.

If anyone wants a stock ESE53 nandroid, here is one from my Droid. I installed the ese53 sbf and just rooted it with su, Superuser.apk and busybox. And the only things I added were the 2.1 desk clock (the original clock and alarm are still there though), and I fixed the Market issue that is present on the stock ese53. I also have swapped the LiveWallpapers.apk for the one with multi-colored neural network lwp (though the original is still there named as LiveWallpaper.apk.bak if you want to use it instead).
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Then I have this nandroid. It is the exact same thing as above, except with Adamz's 800mhz low voltage kernel plus WiFi. You will need to install the WiFi apk though, but the WiFi driver is installed and works.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

wifi tether apk (put on sdcard and click on it using Astro or Root Explorer or whatever to install):
    wireless_tether_2_0-pre7.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0-pre7 >>> EXPERIMENTAL <<< - Project Hosting on Google Code