Where is the Inc2 on VZW site?!

OP
sweenbeen

sweenbeen

Reaction score
No... I jumped from dx2 to inc2 in replacement phones... And they don't necessarily match stats... Its a $$ figure thing.

Also I would find it hard to believe they would swap a 3g phone for 4g

Sent from my ADR6350 using Droid Forums

acejavelin

Reaction score
I find it highly questionable that VZW has zero refurbs of the Dinc2. They only stopped selling it a couple of weeks ago.

They must have given you the Stat because it has similar specs. I've not seen them cross brands with a replacement phone though. When my LG Chocolate 3 died a couple of years ago they wouldn't give me a phone from any other brand besides LG, but they did manage to bump me up to the Ally.
I agree that it doesn't make sense, but I don't know what to tell you... The tech at the local corporate Verizon store called their tech support, they searched all their available warehouses (took 10 minutes or so) and said there are none, then told me all I could get was a Samsung Stratosphere as a replacement... the local VZW tech argued with them, then I got on the phone and tried to argue with them, even requesting a Rezound or a white Inc2 or any HTC product, and was finally told that is it, my only choice was to take the Samsung or go to HTC myself and send it in for warranty repair. I called HTC and sat on hold for an hour in the queue with the 800 number the VZW tech gave me and finally gave up.

The only good thing is they sent me a new Samsung Stratosphere, just arrived today, not a used/refurbished one.

I sent an email to HTC and was told basically "Oh, well, good luck with that." Seriously killing my faith in HTC...

Their email:

Regarding your message (12USCW22ENA001229)
1 message
HTC <[email protected]> Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Dear Steven Xxxxx,

Hi thank you for replying to HTC,

I do apologize that they didn't have another HTC product to replace for you. Best of luck to you and your new device, I hope in the future you get another HTC product!

Sorry for all the trouble, have a great evening.

Just to let you know, you can visit our self help website at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets. On that site you can get some tips and tricks about your phone as well as your user guide.

Again thank you for choosing HTC, and if you have any further questions you can always email us back, we are open 6am to 1am EST.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Troy

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Krennel

Reaction score
Gonna have to agree with Nike on that one.

"Hey, we know you had a crappy experience, and even though we could probably fix the problem, we're not gonna. Why not just buy a new phone from us! It will make everything better! Don't forget, this is probably user error, and be sure to check out those self help guides so you don't have to bother us again when you get your new phone!"

Fail

nikecar

Reaction score
I went to the store and had to call tech support on mine. I too was told a replacement was the stratosphere.

The guys in the shop said they would fight for something else. Me too. I hate the lower RAM on the stratosphere. I have 768 and I'm constantly having to finagle my apps and the cache of them to keep from using them all.

I'm trying to get with our corporate rep for a rezound or something similar.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Well, sorry that happened to you but at least I don't feel so alone. I wish you luck with getting a Rezound, I had no luck with that at all in 3-4 calls to VZW after I left the store, I was basically told "Take it or leave it"... although on another note, my co-worker went from a Inc2 that she loved to a Rezound by choice and hated the Rezound with a passion and returned it for a Razor Maxx which she likes a lot, so maybe the Rezound is not the best choice although she have just got a lemon.

So far over 2 days I am fairly pleased with Stratosphere, loaded up most of my apps and although the memory seems really short via ES Task Manager, the phone is snappy and responsive almost as good as the Inc2. Battery life seems a little less but I haven't done anything to try to tweak more time out of it yet either. The display is WAY nicer than the Inc2 and although the camera is only 5MP compared to the Inc2's 8MP, the picture quality is pretty good, and I am neutral on the keyboard, I rarely use it but when I do it feels decent and works well. They let me keep the 16GB microSD form the Inc2 so the storage part is irrelevant. I do miss some of the nice little touches that the Sense UI had over TouchWiz though, but nothing that makes or breaks my opinion of the phone. Now to just root it and wipe out the crappy VZW and Samsung apps.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
No... I jumped from dx2 to inc2 in replacement phones... And they don't necessarily match stats... Its a $$ figure thing.

Also I would find it hard to believe they would swap a 3g phone for 4g

Sent from my ADR6350 using Droid Forums
Not necessarily... See below.

Well, sorry that happened to you but at least I don't feel so alone. I wish you luck with getting a Rezound, I had no luck with that at all in 3-4 calls to VZW after I left the store, I was basically told "Take it or leave it"... although on another note, my co-worker went from a Inc2 that she loved to a Rezound by choice and hated the Rezound with a passion and returned it for a Razor Maxx which she likes a lot, so maybe the Rezound is not the best choice although she have just got a lemon.

Long story short, I got a Rezound. Warranty replacement.

I called Tech as I said and they said all they had was the stratosphere. I contacted the rep I usually deal with and asked what could be done. I calmly and politely explained my reasoning why teh Stratosphere was inferior ($$ match be darned) and why the Rezound was the choice I wanted and should get. The rep said to forward my request so it could go up the chain.

I listed several items why the Stratosphere was unacceptable, the main points being the less standard RAM, the lack of ICS, lack of global (which I've already taken my phone out of country), along with some others. I then pointed out why the Rezound was a match due to all the points I listed. I offered to extend my contract another 2 yrs if that is what it took. :icon_wink: (hello unlimited, nice to have you around another few years.)

Got approved the next day and its being shipped to me. Already ordered the Seidio Active case in that lovely shade of red. Hopefully the phone will be here on Wednesday.

I weighed what I wanted and what I thought was reasonable. My top choice was the Maxx, but at that being at a higher price point, I didn't think it would realistically be an attainable option. I was tempted for the SGIII but who knows when that would be out and I'm sure that would get shot down. So then I thought about the Razr, the GN, and Rezound. A family member has the Razr and I don't quite like it in my hand, and the GN, I've not held, but thought it might be too unattainable, and I really did like Sense, so the Rezound jumped up to the top of my list. Looking spec wise, it is similar to the DInc2, so I focused on that.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you had some good luck! I wasn't as lucky, and I tried pretty much the same thing... not sure if it had something to do with the fact I haven't bought a phone directly from VZW in years or what (my last 3 or 4 all came from letstalk.com).

I am ok with the Stratosphere, not happy but i can get by until i am due for a new one in March. Already got this one rooted and started cleaning out the bloatware.

Good luck with the Rezound, my coworker had an audio issue that made her sound like she was in a wind tunnel if there was much background noise and the phone was held a certain way, something with noise cancelling or something, but working in server rooms Hope didn't mix with the Rezound. Hope it works out better for you.