1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Where is the Inc2 on VZW site?!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by sweenbeen, May 25, 2012.

1. sweenbeen

sweenbeen New Member

So I was on the VZW site to confirm the inc2 came with a global sim card when being purchased and what do you know?! i cannot find the thing on the website?! why would it be taken off?
  2. bmetelsky

bmetelsky New Member

Perhaps they are no longer selling them? The phone has been out for some time now.
  3. sweenbeen

sweenbeen New Member

Why would they still offer the inc1 referb then? I understand the 4G one is coming but why not take both down?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Droid Forums
  4. Krennel

Krennel New Member

They removed the Inc2 because they are replacing it with the Inc 4G. They are still selling pre-owned Incredibles because they sold so many when they were out, and they still have stock to go through.
  5. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    To answer your question, it does come with a global SIM card. Look on Wirefly.com for the phone. They had it for $49 the other day, new.

This post is Incredible 2
  6. sweenbeen

sweenbeen New Member

That wasn't the question Ha but thanks! Ya i got the phone as a replacement for my dx2 and they never gave me a sim... That's sorta what started this

7. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

BestBuy still has it for free with 2 yr contract. Same as I paid there in December.
  8. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    How was that not your question? LOL

This post is Incredible 2
  9. Krennel

Krennel New Member

Think he was talking about my reply, not yours. I didn't even read the first part :blink:
  10. nikecar

nikecar New Member

he was asking about it being, or lack of, being on the VZW website. It is funny they have a DInc1 refurb listed, but no Inc2.

I need to get mine replaced with a month left on warranty. Hopefully they are all out and I get something new.
  11. Krennel

Krennel New Member

Usually if you complain about the first one or two refurbs they'll send you a new one from the next phone up. That is what seems to happen in my experience anyway.
  12. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I'll head over this weekend. For months my camera has a bad pixel as every shot has a burnt spot on it. I'm tired of it now.
  13. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

No Inc2's anywhere in Verizon (direct) network, new or refurbished... I tried to get a warranty replacement for mine Wednesday night since it kept going into Dock Mode and going to the speakerphone all the time and they said they don't have any of them ANYWHERE, even in white. Note sure I believe them, but whatever.

I was forced to take a Samsung Stratosphere as a replacement, I was told that was my only option! Not happy, but not much I can do I guess.
  14. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I'd be pissed if the Stratosphere was the only replacement.

I have a coworker that had a fascinate that was acting up. He got 2 replacements and they finally gave him a Maxx. That i'd like.
  15. Krennel

Krennel New Member

I find it highly questionable that VZW has zero refurbs of the Dinc2. They only stopped selling it a couple of weeks ago.

They must have given you the Stat because it has similar specs. I've not seen them cross brands with a replacement phone though. When my LG Chocolate 3 died a couple of years ago they wouldn't give me a phone from any other brand besides LG, but they did manage to bump me up to the Ally.
  16. sweenbeen

sweenbeen New Member

No... I jumped from dx2 to inc2 in replacement phones... And they don't necessarily match stats... Its a $$ figure thing.

Also I would find it hard to believe they would swap a 3g phone for 4g

17. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

I agree that it doesn't make sense, but I don't know what to tell you... The tech at the local corporate Verizon store called their tech support, they searched all their available warehouses (took 10 minutes or so) and said there are none, then told me all I could get was a Samsung Stratosphere as a replacement... the local VZW tech argued with them, then I got on the phone and tried to argue with them, even requesting a Rezound or a white Inc2 or any HTC product, and was finally told that is it, my only choice was to take the Samsung or go to HTC myself and send it in for warranty repair. I called HTC and sat on hold for an hour in the queue with the 800 number the VZW tech gave me and finally gave up.

The only good thing is they sent me a new Samsung Stratosphere, just arrived today, not a used/refurbished one.

I sent an email to HTC and was told basically "Oh, well, good luck with that." Seriously killing my faith in HTC...

Their email:

Regarding your message (12USCW22ENA001229)
    1 message
    HTC <na-no-reply@htc.com> Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    To: acejavelin@xxxx.com
    Cc: acejavelin@xxxx.com
    Dear Steven Xxxxx,

Hi thank you for replying to HTC,

I do apologize that they didn't have another HTC product to replace for you. Best of luck to you and your new device, I hope in the future you get another HTC product!

Sorry for all the trouble, have a great evening.

Just to let you know, you can visit our self help website at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets. On that site you can get some tips and tricks about your phone as well as your user guide.

Again thank you for choosing HTC, and if you have any further questions you can always email us back, we are open 6am to 1am EST.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Troy

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
    Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
    Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.
  18. nikecar

nikecar New Member

dang.. that is wrong.
  19. Krennel

Krennel New Member

Gonna have to agree with Nike on that one.

"Hey, we know you had a crappy experience, and even though we could probably fix the problem, we're not gonna. Why not just buy a new phone from us! It will make everything better! Don't forget, this is probably user error, and be sure to check out those self help guides so you don't have to bother us again when you get your new phone!"

Fail
  20. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I went to the store and had to call tech support on mine. I too was told a replacement was the stratosphere.

The guys in the shop said they would fight for something else. Me too. I hate the lower RAM on the stratosphere. I have 768 and I'm constantly having to finagle my apps and the cache of them to keep from using them all.

I'm trying to get with our corporate rep for a rezound or something similar.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.
Search tags for this page

com.vzw.location