Where is my offline Google music stored?

Nightrise

Reaction score
Does anyone know where files made available offline for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus are stored? A little bit of direction to the exact file extension would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the reason for my query:

Recently I uploaded all of my music to Google music from my iTunes, and then proceeded to make a good deal of it available offline. Now I want to make custom ringtones using my music, but unfortunately, my ringtone app app and I both appear to be incapable of discovering my music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Looks like the cache is in Android/Data/com.google.android.music but the songs are just numbered but not named so good luck. I wanted to do the same thing but I see that's going to be an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nightrise

Reaction score
Well that's rather annoying... in any case, thanks for the help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

hobby31

Reaction score
It is a pain. I did this and found the music and had to rename it using power amp. On the desktop client you can download purchased music to your desktop. You can choose where to store it and it will come out nice, properly labeled and with album covers. Now I download it to the computer then transfer it over. It's a pain but works.

scampcat

Reaction score
I installed a Subsonic server at home and put the app on my GNEX. That way I can stream my own music without others inspecting, and the song I stream is automatically stored on the phone for future use like ringtones. For those that have limited bandwidth contracts, you can then listen to your downloaded music in the Music app without streaming it again. Pretty useful.