Where is my music?

Iowaberg

Reaction score
Ok, so I've tried to transfer over some music files using the "Disk Drive" function when connecting my TB via USB, but every time I select Music it keeps telling me 'No music" I'm doing a simple cut and paste and tried creating a new folder on the sd card as well as placing the music in the 'media' folder. I've tried doing a restart as well as the SDrescan app, but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I created a music folder on my SD and moved my music into that. Worked flawlessly.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

EM0112

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity when you copy and paste the music folder are they from another folder from another phone?

Sent from The Mighty Zeus himself.

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity when you copy and paste the music folder are they from another folder from another phone?

No. They are directly from my C drive of my laptop. Do they need to be in a special format? What's strange, is the new music folder is there (along with the songs) in Disk Drive mode, but when I go to 'charge only' and then go back to Disk Drive mode, the new music folder has disappeared!

EM0112

Reaction score
I tried that and had the same problem the only way I fixed this was I had to sync my phone to windows media and it was able to see my music in my phone.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did u unhook from the computer before looking. Your phone can't read your SD card until you unhook or change it off connect as a disc drive.

Sent from my Rooted HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk Pro

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did u unhook from the computer before looking. Your phone can't read your SD card until you unhook or change it off connect as a disc drive.

Very true! I didn't even think about that!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and make sure they're in a directory that does not have the .nomedia file (as well as a subdirectory of a directory that has that file - I think anyway)

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score

I change it back to 'Disk Drive' mode and it doesn't show up. I unplug it from the usb cable and it still says 'No Music'

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
and make sure they're in a directory that does not have the .nomedia file (as well as a subdirectory of a directory that has that file - I think anyway)

I've tried creating a brand new 'Music' folder and it doesn't work. I've tried copying music filed in other folders that don't have a .nomedia file and still nothing shows up.

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
So I did a little experimenting and took out the 32gb card from my TB and tried to drop and drag from my laptop to my sd card. The card seemed to recognize them but as soon as I closed the windows explorer window for the sd card and then reopened it, the Music folder and mp3s had disappeared. I inserted my old 16gb card from my Droid 1 and music plays just fine from that on my TB. There HAS to be something wrong with my sd card i received with TB, right?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I did a little experimenting and took out the 32gb card from my TB and tried to drop and drag from my laptop to my sd card. The card seemed to recognize them but as soon as I closed the windows explorer window for the sd card and then reopened it, the Music folder and mp3s had disappeared. I inserted my old 16gb card from my Droid 1 and music plays just fine from that on my TB. There HAS to be something wrong with my sd card i received with TB, right?

Based on that very last part, it sure seems like it... :(