Where Is Market??

DroidXPrincess

Reaction score
Alright I Just Downloaded Android 2.3 on my Droid X and all of a sudden Market is no longer there. Is this a problem with anyone else? Is there any way i can get market back WITHOUT HARD RESET OR REPLACING MY PHONE? If anyone knows help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sure you mean Android 2.2

Let me get this straight, you received the Android 2.2 over the air update, and after the install and reboot your Market does not seem to be installed anymore...correct ?

mhuff29

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I am running on system version 2.3.15 android version 2.2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So this was due to a system version update...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try a factory reset? seems to be the only way

SnowAviation

Reaction score
I too just updated my rooted Droid-X from 2.1 to 2.3.15 and had the same problem.

If you have Astro file viewer then I have a solution for you;

Open astro, then click the up icon (Yellow Folder with green up arrow) till you get to the lowest level.
Then click the search icon and search for vending.apk, that's the real name for the Market app.
Click on the file name and you should be presented with the option to install it.

I had to delete my original shortcut as it no longer properly associated with the file, but it's easy enough
to make another one.

Also, if market crashes and "Forces Close" just re-open it and you should be good.

Frustrating problem, I hope this helps some folks.

harichard

Reaction score
That worked great but....

keeps popping up "Sorry" message that Market stopped unexpectedly. Or starts the download and then freezes.

Billboard

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, if i do the factory reset i will lose everything i have installed and i wont have the new software, correct?