Where is Gingerbread? When is it coming?

Rhino94

Reaction score
Hey I have waited very very patiently for gingerbread and possibility of sense 3.0(which may or may not happen) Seriously where is it? I am tired of talking about it I just want to know what is going on with it does anyone know anything and have actual proof?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No one has proof. It's all up to htc and verizon and they are keeping fairly tight lipped.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
Simple answer.

If you want it simply root your phone and install it.

rajuabju

Reaction score
Gotta agree, anyone waiting for the "official" GB release, who is on these forums, WHY?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree, anyone waiting for the "official" GB release, who is on these forums, WHY?
I believe what rajuabju is saying is: if you root your device there are several Sense ROM's with Gingerbread. I love mine.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I don't even know what Gingerbread adds. Is it really that big of a deal?
It seems like there's an app to make up pretty much any OS deficiency.

motty69

Reaction score

Yeah, because these forums aren't about users helping users in general, they are only about rooting and roms! The gall of non-rooters cluttering up the forum with their noob questions!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Ambushbug

Reaction score

Yeah, because these forums aren't about users helping users in general, they are only about rooting and roms! The gall of non-rooters cluttering up the forum with their noob questions!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels that way about some comments. Don't get me wrong, I've rooted my phone before, though now it's stock, and I'm VERY happy developers have put options out there fore us. But I get so annoyed with every thread digressing into "Root your phone". It's a great option to have, but not the answer to every question to everybody on these forums.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the non-root answer to this particular question is, "no one knows."

sent from my bolt