Where is Everyone Getting Their Maxx's?

daudi81

Reaction score
Every Best Buy is Sold out. Every Verizon store within a 200 mile radius is sold out. They say they can order one in, but it will take 5-7 days, and even that is not guaranteed as it's a first come first served basis. On top of that - they are doing the buy one get one free thing - why would they do that if there is such a shortage?

I'm planning on replacing my nexus with it, but I'm afraid I will be stuck with it because I only have a couple more days to exchange it =(

How in the world are you guys getting them? Am I missing some secret backdoor way to order, that is obvious to everyone else except me?

DocsDad

Reaction score
I think everyone is ordering online. Our local store is sold out too. Motorola has a winner :)

I feel lucky to have purchased on day 2 of the release. Best of luck.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If you're exchanging with VZW then you should be fine if you're past the 14days and have a new phone coming. My friend just bought 2 with BOGO online Friday and they came in today.

cece5702

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Verizon online. Got it in two days! You can get in one day if you want to pay for shipping, otherwise, shipping is free.

OP
D

daudi81

Reaction score
Ok so I bought my Nexus from Best Buy. Do I have to take the phone back to Best Buy first (get a refund) - THEN call VZ and get the maxx? Or can I just call VZ and have them send me a MAXX - and then send my nexus when the MAXX gets here? How does that work?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I bought my Nexus from Best Buy. Do I have to take the phone back to Best Buy first (get a refund) - THEN call VZ and get the maxx? Or can I just call VZ and have them send me a MAXX - and then send my nexus when the MAXX gets here? How does that work?

If you used an upgrade to get your nexus, and you don't have another upgrade available on a different line, then you must return your nexus to best buy first and then contact Verizon. If you don't Verizon will charge you full retail for the Maxx.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
D

daudi81

Reaction score
If you used an upgrade to get your nexus, and you don't have another upgrade available on a different line, then you must return your nexus to best buy first and then contact Verizon. If you don't Verizon will charge you full retail for the Maxx.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's what I was afraid of - and the reason I wish a local store carried it. With work and everything, I cannot be phoneless for a few days while I wait for the phone to arrive.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Called VZW on Friday and place my order with a rep. FedEx confirms, it's waiting for me at home right now.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Went to VZW Saturday to get the bogo & all stores were sold out except one but they only had one left. So I gog the one for my daughter & they ordered mines, got it a couple of hours ago !!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

droidaholic1215

Reaction score
Where are we getting MAXX?

I ordered mine online from My.verizon.net the day it came out and it was delivered the next afternoon!!

nerdalert

Reaction score
I ordered mine online...they are both sitting at home waiting for me to fire them up!!

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I bought mine friday at the local Verizon store. They came monday by 5:00 pm. Going on 42 hours without charging this beast and still at 30%. The one major thing I changed was turning the screen brightness down. In a 4G area so most of the time (80%) spent on 4G but sometimes on wifi.

Section_10

Reaction score
No, they're not 'sold out' they're purposely on a "Order Only" status, that to me is a bit sketchy... for me... it could be the splotches on the amoled or the normal battery life, certainly not performing like a 3300mah battery would. Drains as fast as the Thunderbolt I had.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
Guess I should consider myself lucky that I only had to go to three Verizon stores to finally buy one last week.

OP
D

daudi81

Reaction score
Meh...too big of a hassle. I can't be without a phone for a few days - not with my job. I will just keep the nexus and give it to my wife when the S3 comes out.