Where is contact / calendar data stored?

dtmfcc

Reaction score
My phone will be here soon. I have HIPAA privacy concerns regarding contact /calendar data. Was going to use Companion Link / Dejaoffice for private USB sync, but just found out that data is stored on the removable SD card, which is worrisome.

If I used a MS Exchange server (which might be hard as a single user), where would the contact / calendar data be stored? Where is the native Android contact/calendar data stored?

Does anyone have a referral to a hosted exchange server with encryption for privacy.

Thanks!

crspang

Reaction score
I have to be HIPPA compliant also. The folks that did my accreditation didn't have a problem with it. I have also had several Medicare inspections and passed all those.

OP
D

dtmfcc

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Do you use the Google sync method, or something else? Also, is there any reference you could point me to that says using the Google cloud is ok for HIPAA?

Thanks so much!

crspang

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Do you use the Google sync method, or something else? Also, is there any reference you could point me to that says using the Google cloud is ok for HIPAA?

Thanks so much!

All of my contacts and calender info are my business gmail account which is a secure account, the main gmail account synced to my phone is the same. I enabled the password lock to open the phone from sleep. I don't have any reference for you sorry.

There are several apps in the market that will allow you to remotely wipe data if your phone is lost or stolen.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Can anybody verify that one of these "remote wipe" apps actually works, and that they do not require the phone to be rooted?

Thanks.