Where Is An App Like ESPN Sportscenter?

NVash

Reaction score
Ive been looking all over the Market for an app like ESPN Sportscenter to run on my Droid that would tell me what sports, what games, what teams, what time and even the score as they played. I have had no success. Are there any out there?

pcandroid

Reaction score
sportstap. its got a decent widget for your favorite teams.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
This app is great, thanks. How do I get the Widget up though? I keep trying and it keeps telling me theres no room on the home screen even though theres nothing on it.

mikespe

Reaction score
I love Sportstap but I think the Widget is so-so. It is so tiny to read what is on there (for my old eyes anyway). I wish they had an option for a larger widget. The stats the actual app supplies is awesome. I have tried the ESPN app and it doesn't compare to Sportstap

Technoman

Reaction score
I couldn't stand SportsTap. It keeps restarting itself even when stopped in the "RUNNING APPS". The WIDGET was very blah.

We need an Andriod version of ESPN MVP!!!

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Yeah Im noticing that about Sportstap, I dont even have the Widget up yet and its force closing, even causing the whole home screen to apparently reset itself.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I can't really see any application performing better than a real-time score website, that is why I have yet to try one but have actually inquired in to it and received a surprising amount of suggestions and supporters of various apps like "Sports Tap" and others.

Go in to the market and search for "Scoreboard" or "Scores" or "Sport scores" to see if anything else new has come out or ones that take advantage of something like ESPN.com and simply relay the information.

Until then you know the drill for some of us who need live scores - instantly without delay. (ESPN.com/CBS.Sportsline.com/LiveScore.com)

Zac7

Reaction score
I have personally not been happy with any of the sports apps on the marketplace. They all are slow on updating games. Sportstap imo was the worst of all of the sports apps I had it showing a game from a month ago still not over. If anyone knows if this is a problem with the OS and that's why none of the sports apps update fast let me know.

LordKastle

Reaction score
It is the coding of the apps.

The apps must be relying on relaying the information from another source. Since the apps are all 3rd party (at the moment) there will always be a lag in some form.

I haven't tried any myself, but as you can see some endorse various sports apps in here and others do not. I still find myself going to the actual websites because if I am checking I need it to be accurate to the point. ESPN.com/Covers.com/Cbs.Sportsline.com/Livescore.com

LiveScore.com is the best for soccer/tennis that you'll find on the Internet.

Last edited:

longboat

Reaction score
Sportstap is disappointing. It was running a half a period behind on most NHL games the other night I checked it, Even with it set to update scores every minute.

longboat

Reaction score
It is the coding of the apps.

The apps must be relying on relaying the information from another source. Since the apps are all 3rd party (at the moment) there will always be a lag in some form.

I haven't tried any myself, but as you can see some endorse various sports apps in here and others do not. I still find myself going to the actual websites because if I am checking I need it to be accurate to the point. ESPN.com/Covers.com/Cbs.Sportsline.com/Livescore.com

LiveScore.com is the best for soccer/tennis that you'll find on the Internet.

Thanks the tip about Livescore for my soccer matches.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I agree.

I have not been very impressed with any of the sports apps on the market. I had SportsTap installed for a while but, found that I like Google Scoreboard better.

That being said, neither of them update very quickly. The CBS Football app is one of the better apps I've found but again, the updates aren't as fast/frequent as I would like and I wish it had a widget.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
I think we should all be patient until we have Flash for Android, that will be a game changer (updater) for us sports fans.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
they all suck..thank god ESPN mobile and NFL mobile are great..now I am going to lick my wounds after the Giants beat us :(