Where is 4.3 update for crying out loud!!??

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
No idea. Sure it will come eventually or they make even skip it and go straight to KLP... The nexus devices just got it a little while ago so I'd say it will still be a while.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I heard (again could just be a rumor) that Samsung got the 4.3 a few weeks ago so maybe it's not too far from now. I personally think it will be released around the same time as the Note 3, possibly a week or two after. Again, that's just what I heard and the time frame I think it will release.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I heard (again could just be a rumor) that Samsung got the 4.3 a few weeks ago so maybe it's not too far from now. I personally think it will be released around the same time as the Note 3, possibly a week or two after. Again, that's just what I heard and the time frame I think it will release.
Are you using the international S3 or maybe a GSM version? Otherwise it doesn't mater when Samsung got it. Verizon will sit on it and fiddle with it, and sit on it. Not even the Verizon Galaxy Nexus gets quick releases. Basically, we need to wait until it has been released everywhere else and then we can start our clock.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you using the international S3 or maybe a GSM version? Otherwise it doesn't mater when Samsung got it. Verizon will sit on it and fiddle with it, and sit on it. Not even the Verizon Galaxy Nexus gets quick releases. Basically, we need to wait until it has been released everywhere else and then we can start our clock.
Well that's the other part of it too, point is that 4.3 isn't released on any Samsung devices except for the GE s4.

And as a former owner of the Verizon Nexus, believe me I know all too well how long updates can take.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a reason manufactures sit on a new update. When 4.3 first came out we saw bugs as apps needed to catch up along with other things. If you want software as soon as it gets released from google I suggest get a nexus. As oems are going to want to make sure apps on the market catch up (mainly the popular ones), Google kick out an update that fixes any bugs, and they iron out any of the tw software issues that are clashing with the 4.3 software. So expect it to take awhile (this is not taking into account when the carriers decide to release it). I would not expect 4.3 until after the n3 has been released.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
if only it was like the original droid where we got updates relatively quickly. Even we could root it and get updates even quicker.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I used to get all anxious about getting the latest/greatest update but some quality time with my Galaxy Nexus cured me of that. I really enjoy a phone that works well; that's more important to me than having the latest feature.

Last I read we were supposed to skip 4.2 and go to 4.3, but I'm guessing with all the issues Nexus users have been having its not ready for prime time. I can't see VZW working to implement an update they are seeing problems with.

jimg50

Reaction score
samsung wants the note 3 to be out for 2 months before updating s3 4 and note 2 to 4.3.
they say nov or dec we will get the update. it is to try to sell the note 3.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Where did you read the jim??

I want to believe it, but from past experiences, I HIGHLY doubt we'll have it that soon....

jimg50

Reaction score
read nov or dec for 4.3 in samsung article. reason is note 3 they want to be with it about 3 months before updating older phoned