Where in the world is Google Voice?

flameboy

Reaction score
Verizon feels the need to add pure garbage like "Contact backup assistant" that duplicates stock Google functionality while removing other pieces of stock functionality.

Where is Google Voice? Where is GTalk w/ video chat?

I hate you Verizon for your scam-ware apps that cannot be removed. I hate you Motorola for locking our devices.

Is there any company out there that actually gives a damn about consumers other than Google? I am very frustrated... I love this new phone and all, but its reception has been very bittersweet for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkmatter

Reaction score
I don't have my d3 yet, waiting for it to show up at costco so I can have 90 days to play with it.

I seem to recall someone saying that google voice is simply Talk on the d3.

dancingcrab

Reaction score
Verizon feels the need to add pure garbage like "Contact backup assistant" that duplicates stock Google functionality while removing other pieces of stock functionality.

Where is Google Voice? Where is GTalk w/ video chat?

I hate you Verizon for your scam-ware apps that cannot be removed. I hate you Motorola for locking our devices.

Is there any company out there that actually gives a damn about consumers other than Google? I am very frustrated... I love this new phone and all, but its reception has been very bittersweet for me.

No Google Video Chat is bull. However, Google Voice isn't a core app, so you'll have to jump on the market to pick that up.

SitSamBry

Reaction score
Google voice works fine you just have to download it from market. Mine automatically downloaded it after syncing with my google account since my OG already had it previously.

OP
flameboy

flameboy

Reaction score
Google voice is nowhere to be found in the market. I tried that before making an angry post. I'm at a loss...

SitSamBry

Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if its a device related block and mine just transfered beause it was already tied to my account.

OP
flameboy

flameboy

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know that Google Voice has magically appeared in the market for me after trying multiple times over the course of 2 hours. God knows what caused that issue.

Thanks to everyone for letting me vent.