Where, in the name of all things holy, is Nightlies at in new paid Liberty Toolbox?!

KiddVudu

Reaction score
I'm trying my darnedest to upgrade from Lib2.0.1 to LGB using the method described in detail on this forum using the toolbox. But Nightlies is nowhere to be found in LTpaid, and in LTfree doesn't have the LGB .1 file listed.

Any suggestions?

Jeremy

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kanibal

Reaction score
It's in the rom manager under liberty gb.

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Mine only displays gb v.07, 0.8, and 0.9. All of which warn that I must be on a rooted gb version before installing.

Jeremy

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, you need to be on rooted gb first. Personally, I would suggest trying a 2nd init rom like cm or miui. Way, way sicker imo. Plus, you don't have to be on gb. Just a suggestion. Liberty gb is a great rom too!

CM74D2

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Thanks you guys. I will attempt this later today and report back.

Jeremy

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Hey Brad, I'm attempting to go the route which you posted. Can you tell me what that ForestFix.zip is for? Is it necessary if I am installing .9?

Jeremy

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Ok, I've sbf'd to Froyo then flashed to to GB 4.5.596, installed liberty toolbox paid, and am trying to download Liberty v 0.9, but I'm getting a download fail - access denied error.

Any ideas?

Jeremy

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Sorry, it actually says Error: Permission denied.

EDIT:
Whoops, shoulda searched formum first, had the phone plugged into the computer.

Jeremy

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
AWESOME! Up and running on LGB v0.9. Thanks for all the help you guys. Pretty much everything I've tried works, with one exception. I have wifi tether issues, but I'm going to start a new thread for this question.

Thanks,

Jeremy

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's probably a baseband issue. Try selecting your device in wifi tether settings (make sure you're using wifi tether v3.0)

CM74D2

OP
K

KiddVudu

Reaction score
Well after less than 24 hours I've decided to SBF back to froyo. LGB acts just like the OTA GB did when Verizon shoved that down my throat. Any time I'm using an app that plays audio, and I put the screen to sleep, the phone reboots itself. This combined with the lack of wifi tether capabilities, and this unstable OS is useless to me.

Is there a way to quickly and easily boot between multiple froyo ROM's? I'm going back to Liberty 2.0.1, but I'd like to try some others out too, but I need to have one of them working stable because I'm going on vacation this week, and my customers need to be able to reach me.

Thanks,

Jeremy