Where in the %#&! am I getting this from?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your phone was like my car, I'd probably say it was haunted--My wife named my '57 Chevy after Steven Kings book 'Christine'

Bragger!!!!!

Well, I have to admit that this is one of the strangest threads I've seen since I joined the Forum in November.

57 Chevy's are so cool… Sorry, please stay on topic

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit that this is one of the strangest threads I've seen since I joined the Forum in November.

my thoughts exactly... i'm extremely curious now

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
that zipper picture is ALL over the internet... is it possible these are email attachments that are being downloaded?

also, is it possible it could be album art downloading? do you have any music in the /download directory?

OP
onmyway

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Lovely. So, whatever the next picture is....whatever the details are...I will update....in the meantime.....I am going to uninstall if I am not using the app. I even uninstalled a task killer, and I like to have one...I am a car girl and I have one I do not tell about often. It was a rocking late ten year wedding gift, so.....the Christine theory can be penned. Now when your car shows up in the gallery.......you win.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe google put that code on your phone that grabs everything within wifi range, emails.. pics.. documents ;)

OP
onmyway

onmyway

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Ya know....when the google cam car driving down your street in the South grabs your attention because it looks like a rejected bug for terminex you have to laugh at a statement like that. However, didn't have wifi then, nor a droid. Seriously though......there should be a shot somewhere of me looking at that ugly beast on my street. A girlfriend of mine said she made sure her boys were not in her front yard "watering the tree" on her curbview. Her kids are the ones who put ketchup packets under the commode seat for her to sit on, flushed a pair of panty hose before her eyes, and she got a call at work because one was burping the alphabet at school. Wonder why I don't hang out with that crew? T.G.I.F.

OP
onmyway

onmyway

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G N 4
that zipper picture is ALL over the internet... is it possible these are email attachments that are being downloaded?

also, is it possible it could be album art downloading? do you have any music in the /download directory?

Sorry, I overlooked the question, so inadvertantly ignored you. I have no idea where it came from. Nothing expected, not sent, uploaded or downloaded. No music files here or art work. I have other devices for that and until they break it stays that way. I notice the pics in gallery at some of the wierdest moments.....when in transit. I have seen a message about gallery upload flash on the screen a few times because you hear the click noise but a few times I thought I was unlocked and just home keyed and locked....to perhaps find a new picture...not off center, not of blurs, but something corny.

Its baseballs, frog togs, and taking in a day I am priveledged to have, while I keep in mind there are families mourning, people hating, and aren't we lucky to go "be free"? Thanks for the help. I am off and onmyway again.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

my thoughts exactly... i'm extremely curious now
I've come across this issue several times as well. So has a co-worker of mine.
I'll open my gallery and theres a picture that was not there before.
I don't sync with any photo sites like Picassa, Photobucket, etc.
I don't download pictures, nor are they attachments from emails or text/mms messages.
I don't even have any apps on my phone that would access the camera itself other than the stock camera and Barcode Scanner.
I'm not a picture taking fanatic, so I rarely even use those.
Yet they show up from time to time.

I'd be real curious to figure out it this is an intercepted transmission of some sorts from another phone or just something being sent over the airwaves.
I view it as a possible security risk. If a picture can be put on a phone, what else can be? Or even worse, taken from your phone!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if they are simply images stored in the browser cache. Perhaps the browser cache folder needs a .nomedia file that isn't being created.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if they are simply images stored in the browser cache. Perhaps the browser cache folder needs a .nomedia file that isn't being created.

That's an interesting idea/theory.

your pictures, what are they? I am serious, mine are the oddest shots. Never expected, never a group shot?
Just totally random stuff. The ones I remember were a picture of a soccer ball, another was a man and woman holding hands on the beach, and the other one I recall was a picture of a comic strip style cartoon.

OP
onmyway

onmyway

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I did not even get that...english peas on a plate, a pale teenage boys odd jawbone shot, corn-on-the-cob, a half eaten hot dog......? I appreciate not being the only one having it happen sorta ...It is definitely random, not places or people I am familiar with, not commercial --though I am told the zipper made rounds.....oh yippie.....but yes, seeing it happen. One time said gallery problem replaced my scrapspace in the gallery and that might have been the start of this which was around 4th of July with the jaw pic. There forward food........and they have all landed in download.

So.....where have I been when its happening? Everywhere. Starbucks drive thru local to the area I live, Memphis and Baltimore airport, and my house. I was not surfing.....I was grabbing coffee at the window of Starbucks after hanging up on a call, leaving Avis while the Husband drove out of the deck, walking through the airport when suddenly the phone wasnt locked after going through security, and snapping pictures of kids in the sprinkler system another time, and well...last night? Doing what I am now........and its priceless....the six year old is finally snoring to disney channel that needs turned off, waiting on the spin cycle, wondering if the next moves been made on word feud.......and wondering how someone so boring could be the center of an odd problem. Magic. Grin.

droidman101

Reaction score
ok, one of two theories here
1. id need a list of ALL your apps-some antivirus programs have been going haywire
2. it might be wifi your connecting to, since starbucks has free wifi and everyone uses it

Last edited:
OP
onmyway

onmyway

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G N 4
my wifi is not checked for the same conspiracy theory......ONLY when nav is on and its never on outside of that, nor is it syncing wifi at work,or home...so -1. right?

Lookout antivirus stopped all bugs reported from my 9u world series trip in Nebraska and the college series we caught. (both my teams won.....mind you) I can give you apps though.

droidman101

Reaction score
my wifi is not checked for the same conspiracy theory......ONLY when nav is on and its never on outside of that, nor is it syncing wifi at work,or home...so -1. right?

Lookout antivirus stopped all bugs reported from my 9u world series trip in Nebraska and the college series we caught. (both my teams won.....mind you) I can give you apps though.

ok, go ahead
im thinking its antivirus though