Where have all the tablets gone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by pmc2025, Aug 10, 2010.

1. pmc2025

pmc2025 New Member

Hi Guys, So right now I feel like I'm singing an 80s song, but where have all the tablets gone? (and where are all the gods). This was supposed to be "the year of the tablet" but right now the i*ad is the only viable tablet out there. Does anyone know where the fabled Android competitors are? When can I lay my hands on one?
  2. iPirate

iPirate New Member

rumor that a Droid tablet will come Nov. Sounds awesome and I feel lame fanboyish for wanting one before seeing or knowing anything about it....
  3. jdk2

jdk2 Member

4. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Other than the Augen 7" tablet that is (supposedly still) being sold at K-Mart, no real offerings are out there. A lot of companies said that their releases would hit in August 2010 (Samsung, Cruz, etc.). So far, nothing has come out to really challenge the iPad. It's getting so bad that I am considering getting an iPad :angry:
  5. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

6. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

I apologize, I should rephrase what I said. There are no real US offerings. There are plenty of knock-offs and smaller, cheaper MIDs that are primarily in and from China (about the same quality and performance as the Augen 7", but most of them are running Android 1.5/1.6). But from the bigger companies that were big on getting android tablets to the market by mid-late summer, there are no real offerings. Earliest for them is September now (Samsung pushed the release of their Galaxy Tab back).