Where do you start?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by JonDoe, Nov 10, 2009.

1. JonDoe

JonDoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my Droid yesterday and OMG..... there is just so much stuff on this phone. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining at all but, I have to ask the gurus.

Were did you start when making your Droid your own?

2. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There were a few must have apps I went for immediately, then a custom wallpaper, synced my pics/music with my PC. Then I just went surfing the Market for games and other useless stuff.:) With all my stuff in googles cloud I didnt have to worry about to much.

3. sir

sir Member

Ratings:
    +2
    To be honest, I setup my personal email (GMail), work email (Exchange), and downloaded the Corporate Contacts app all while setting up the phone in the VZW store! Then I downloaded a few apps before going to my desktop and putting all of my iPhone contacts into GMail so they'd populate on the phone. Then I setup Facebook to sync only my friends that are in my contacts list (pulls in pictures for the contact, gives you facebook status updates in their contact info, allows you to facebook message them, etc.).

After that, setup Google Voice (sweet!), then added some Widgets (Weather Widget - Donate (download app), Facebook, and Power), and customized which apps showed on my home screens and which didn't.

From there it was just going into every app on the phone and setting up anything that was necessary, and going through the entire phone settings and making sure everything I wanted was there, and nothing I wanted was turned off.

Then I went into my car and set it up to auto-connect bluetooth to the phone so I can use the steering wheel to manage the phone (<3 BMW).

Now I'm onto downloading apps left and right just to try them out, and hanging on the forums to keep up-to-date on everything that happens!

4. Jokool_7777

Jokool_7777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I started with email. Then pics and music and now, Im going through with editing (or attempting to figure out how to edit) my ringtones and notifications. Then on to the themes.