Where do I find gingerbread?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by otter34, Mar 6, 2011.

1. otter34

otter34 New Member

CM6, CM7, where and which is the latest, stable gingerbread release?

6.x, RCy, I don't understand the labeling I guess
  2. coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth Member

CM7 RC1 is the latest and greatest GB build. (RC = Release Candidate. Fyi.)

Sent from my GB Incredible
  3. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Almost seems like a joke question, especially coming from someone with so many posts but I'll clarify as well as I can. CM 6.X are all froyo (2.2) based and as they update the rom they increase the version number (e.g. 6.0 to 6.1 etc.). CM7 is the new gingerbread based rom, technically there isn't a "stable" release, just RC=release canidate, aka a beta rom that might still have some bugs. Also cyanogenmod is a modified rom with many features not in stock gingerbread, if you want a stock GB rom that might be more stable there are a few stock GB roms available including one that Pete (peter alfonso) released that you might check out.
  4. otter34

otter34 New Member

Thanks. No I was serious. I have been running liquid for a long time and also BB and chevy and most others but never tried CM. However, after reading how so many ROMs are based on CM I figured I should give it a shot.

Any chance you use weatherbug and know if weatherbug is readable in the notification menu?
  5. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

I have Weatherbug elite and notifications show up fine. Weatherbug elite allows you to choose the colors of the notification text, I'm not sure if it is the same in free but since you can choose the colors it should look fine on any rom.
  6. otter34

otter34 New Member

I can choose the colors of the temp, however I don't think I can choose the color of how things appear when I use the dropdown menu but I don't have elite. Can you edit that color as well? If so I'll probably buy it