Where Did the Click Sound Go on My Apps?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Until yesterday, there was a nice crisp click sound when I touched an App to open it. Now, it's barely audible. The sound still works when typing in SlideIt, however. I powered off and on a few times, and did a battery pull to no avail. I couldn't find a setting to adjust this, my sound settings are on high. Any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until yesterday, there was a nice crisp click sound when I touched an App to open it. Now, it's barely audible. The sound still works when typing in SlideIt, however. I powered off and on a few times, and did a battery pull to no avail. I couldn't find a setting to adjust this, my sound settings are on high. Any ideas?

Hmmmm....Is your phone rooted? Because I've noticed this too and actually I find it to be a good thing. My wife doesn't complain about me using the Droid in bed anymore, said the clicking bothered her so I had to put it on silent. It's not your imagination, the strong click on a rooted phone anyway is gone. (DM 1.0)

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
No, Hookbill, my phone isn't rooted. It happened once before a month ago or so, and seemed to return spontaneously. Natediddy, audible selection is checked on, with volume rocker on max.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well then that is weird...I never had this happen on mine. But when I have the Audible Selection on, I can always control the clicking volume with the main volume rocker buttons on the side. And the same with the keyboard click tones also...

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
So, how can I find an answer if no one on the boards is able to help, and if my question recedes into cyberspace oblivion?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So, how can I find an answer if no one on the boards is able to help, and if my question recedes into cyberspace oblivion?

lol I just tested mine and didnt get any click so went to settings, Sound and Display, then checked "Audible Selcection" and now I do...

Which Nate already said :)

Ok, I just set the "Media Volume" setting higher and now the click is louder too .. also under "Sound and Display"

OP
Phillipsave

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Shadez, I increased the Media Volume setting and The Click is Back! Thanks very much, I missed that satisfying pop.