Where did "delete all texts" go in the latest update?

alison

Reaction score
Very new smartphone user, apologize if this has been posted somewhere else. I am trying to delete all of my texts as opposed to opening one by one and deleting. This is no longer an option in the options menu after the latest automatic update. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

OP
A

alison

Reaction score
Thanks. It's a RAZR 4G LTE. Not sure about gingerbread or ics. I keep looking for an about this phone icon where it will detail all of this. I had just gotten semi-familiar with the last version when it updated.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
You are most likely on ICS. If you go to your notification window and pull it down you should have a setting button (looks like a gear). Hit it. Scroll all the way down and you will have your about phone button you can press to confirm. I'm willing to bet you are on .211

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I don't believe there is still a delete all like it used to be. If you open the main page of your texts where it lists all of the conversations, a long press on the conversation should bring up a trash can and let you know that one is selected. Now you just have to select the other conversations and then hit the trash can. Hope that helps!!!

OP
A

alison

Reaction score
Yes. 6.16.211.XT912

Found it right after I posted that comment.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
After the first long press the others are a short press.

And of course Welcome to DF!

OP
A

alison

Reaction score
No, there is no longer a delete all option. I'd like to get it back. I have about 100 messages so was trying to find a way to get them all at once.

OP
A

alison

Reaction score
Oh, got it. Thanks. Still not delete all but better than one by one. Thanks a lot!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Actually after the long press if you press the one selected it has the option to select all!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
No problem! You helped me learn something new today as well. I don't typically delete all so I hadn't played around with it.

OP
A

alison

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks again. There's a lot of bells and whistles.