Where can I store Droid videos and photos to create more space on my phone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by AlphaDroid, Mar 12, 2010.

1. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid New Member

Where can I store Motorola Droid videos and photos to create more space on my phone?

My Motorola Droid is 90% full of videos and photos. I Do Not own a Desktop or Laptop computer but can use the local library...

My question is, where can I store these photos and videos so I can retrieve them later if necessary? I may want to keep some of them. I don't want to spend hours posting things on free photo/video hosting websites that could close without warning and then I would loose the data. I do have a youtube account where I've posted videos, but I think it would take too long to download all the videos on my phone to youtube.

Can I buy some type of Solid State Storage Device and transfer the photos and videos from my Droid to the Storage Device? Any suggestions of what I should buy, approx cost and from where? I'm not a computer geek. I do know how to surf the net and do simple things on the computer.

Thankyou.
  2. delaen

delaen New Member

Take the micro SD card out of your droid and put it under your mattress. Buy another 16gig Micro SD card and pop it in. It'll cost you around $30-$40.
  3. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid New Member

Is there a cheaper way to do this that would give me more storage in a device that is larger than the SD Micro Card?

$30-40 for another card? Sounds like an expensive way to store stuff. I'll have it full with videos and photos in a few months. Any cheaper alternatives?
  4. ten2o3

ten2o3 New Member

If you were rooted and have the 2.1 gallery you can send all your pics to picasa on the web. Then sync your phone with picasa and you'll have a "picasa" folder on your gallery. A fantastic little feature! You can even have separate folders/albums.
  5. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Member

Really, for physical storage, that's about as cheap as you're going to get. You could probably do some kind of free online storage - get yourself a free rapidshare account, put all your stuff in .zip files, and archive it there til you need it.
  6. snackpak

snackpak New Member

or just attatch all the a email and email them to yourself
  7. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Picasa, or Photoshop mobile for your pics, you could also upload to Facebook, but...
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Can't do that with large files. Verizon has a size limit.
  9. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Buy a 250gb external hard drive for around $50.00 best way to go or a 1tb for around $100, some of them are the size of a wallet now and you can plug them into any computer to retreve or add or remove
  10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

You can buy a 32gb card when they come out....About $230
  11. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid New Member

More questions, if anyone would like to answer.

Would this be a Solid State unit for $50?

I don't own a computer, just the droid. Would this interfere with transferring data from the droid to the HD?

And would I download all the photos and videos from the droid to the HD? How would I know which one is which when the are on the HD? Are they coded with a number, same number that I see when I search for one?

Is it possible to have thumbnail photos and a description when on the HD?

Could I connect the droid to the HD and watch the videos that are on the HD?

What else could I do or not do with the HD?
  12. ZBoater

ZBoater New Member

You are going to need a computer for this.

You can use the one in the library perhaps, depending on whether they let you plug in USB devices. You can take a USB card reader, take the card off your Droid, and copy the contents onto an external hard drive. Not sure whether library computers allow for that.

The other alternative is a FTP/online account, but that will cost money also. I use AndFTP and a personal FTP account to store/access a lot of files, but most of my videos/music on on my computer.
Search tags for this page

best way to store videos from phone

how ro store phots from phone
how to store pictures from phone

store photos online from phone

store photos to phone

store videos from phone

where can i store photos from my phone

where can i store videos from my phone

where does droid store photos
where to store phone videos
where to store photos from phone