Where can I go to learn how to use droid

samfez

Reaction score
Okay, so I am new droid owner and want to know where I can go to learn how to use my phone. The Verzion salesman just briefly showed me how to find the market and how to make a call. It seems after reveiwing the forum that I can do so much more with my phone than just make calls and play games. Can anyone help? Thank you

portermac

Reaction score
You have come to the right place.Maybe start with some utube videos. When you think of something you want to do with your phone just ask on the forum. The people hear will have the answer. Chances are whatever you want your phone to do for you it will do it.

RootedEris

Reaction score
youtube it up....nickrock2323 has some awesome vids on widgets and apps on your eris and is pretty good at customizing and stuff like that

if you want to get into rooting which i suggest you do (to get full potential out of your phone) id go to theunlockr.com how to's videos

jhart15063

Reaction score
ill help you out a little bit here with some of the cool apps i have

shopsavvy - barcode scanner that brings up the item you scan. wont always find it but works most of the time

handcent sms - text messaging app that you can completely customize.

knocking video - live droid to droid video streaming

logmein - control your computer at home anywhere you are

layar reality browser- will let you look thru the camera and show you different icons for food places, drinks , wtc.

google googles - take a picture of an item to google search for it

shazam - play a song into the microphone and the phone will bring up the name

google sky map - will let you rotate the phone and see all of the stars and constellations above you with GPS.

pandora - listen to radio

and i use swype but you cant get it the market place so try

shapewriter - a keyboard that you "draw" the words to text them

slideit lite - same thing

these were all free when i got them im not sure if they changed tho.

just explore the phone and marketplace and youl always find cool new stuff

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I believe VZW gives free training sessions too...but you'll get WAAAY more knowledge on this forum!