Where can I get the best deal on a Droid (not online)?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Big Ry, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

I'm basically set on getting the Droid, pending I like the live demo when I visit the Verizon corporate store. Obviously, I want to get the best deal possible. I saw Walmart's website had it for $100, but I went to the store tonight and it was $150. Anyone know the Verizon corporate in-store price? Is it the same as online? If it makes a difference, I live in southwest Virginia. The reason I dont simply buy online is because I will be porting my AT&T number over and I cannot be without a phone for several days since I dont have a land line. So where is best?

p.s. - Theres no Costco anywhere near here...already checked. There is a Sam's club in Roanoke, VA but their site doesn't give any type of indication that they even sell phones.
  2. Guchi

Guchi New Member

I saw droid at walmart for $109
  3. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

guess my Walmart just sucks :(
  4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Aside from your local VZW store BestBuy is really the only place you're likely to find a good price. But FYI your local VZW will match any local/competitors price you do find.
  5. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Really!? I did not know that. Best buy was $200 too, so no difference there. Perhaps I can find it cheaper and have VZW beat it. Do you think they'd need some kind of proof?
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

They will just call or go online. My matched to online price from Best Buy but that is a rarity from what I've gathered (and I don't think my sales rep realized the price was 'online only':icon_ banana:. If you are switching to VZW be SURE to check for 'no activation fee' specials from the competitors too. VZW will match/waive those as well (BestBuy regularly has these). It's always worth a shot though.
  7. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

is this something that BB would advertise on their site? or other companies would advertise?
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Yeah, but doesn't look like they are offering it now. The best thing then would just be to go to VZW and ask them to so the 'mail-in rebate' as an 'instant' rebate. You shouldn't have a problem but it will depend on the manager.
  9. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

sweet. anyone know the in-store price? this is a family plan add a line too, which is gving me different prices online...even though it should be identicle through VZW