Where can I get a Short Micro USB Cable

Bill M

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am looking for a 3 inch micro usb cable that I can stick in my pocket for use with my portable Tekkeon USB charger or my Duracell Instant USB charger to charge a Droid X

It seems that the Droid X is a little finicky in which Micro USB cable it uses, I have a short cable that worked well with my droid, however with the droid x if the battery is below 50% it only seems to work with my included Motorola cable, however that is a bit too long to carry around in my pocket.

Thank you in advance,

Bill

OP
B

Bill M

Reaction score
Thank you, I checked out that website but $50 is a bit much for a custom cable. I'm looking for a cheap cable that will work with the droid x for charging and data. It shouldn't cost more than $5.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bill M

Reaction score
That link is for a 3 foot cable. I checked out the rest of the site and the smallest they have is 1.5ft cable.
I'm looking for 3 to six inches.

dmartins

Reaction score
That link is for a 3 foot cable. I checked out the rest of the site and the smallest they have is 1.5ft cable.
I'm looking for 3 to six inches.
Haha
I got up way to early.
Well I never seen cables that short.

dmartins

Reaction score
After giving it some more thought I think I found you something that'll work.
Buy.com
Should find it cheaper on ebay.

Last edited:

xious

Reaction score
Thank you, I checked out that website but $50 is a bit much for a custom cable. I'm looking for a cheap cable that will work with the droid x for charging and data. It shouldn't cost more than $5.

Not quite sure where you saw a cable for $50 on that site. I bought a 5" for $10 (plus whatever shipping was). I can't even see a cable that's $50. What cable were you looking at?

Anyways, I'm sure there are other sites that have short micro-usb cables. I just liked that one cause you could define how you wanted the cable.

OP
B

Bill M

Reaction score
Sorry,, maybe I went through it too quickly. I guess I was building a custom cable through the custom cable design tool when I didn't need to..

I appreciate the help.

Last edited: