Where can I get a good replacement phone?

pico1

Reaction score
So someone stole my droid Razr and I'm looking where I can get a good replacement and not pay full retail value. Maybe the Galaxy S3 or something similar? Anyone have any leads? Thx!

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I recently bought a tablet over on swappa.com and had a great transaction. Used devices of all kinds come and go there but the site has a good reputation for integrity as far I know. I don't know your budget but it won't hurt to take a look.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I have bought and sold from Craigslist. Usually easy to figure out the junk/scammers from the real devices. Around here a standard Razr is about $150-$180. Razr Maxx is extra.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My phones have been purchased through Craigslist, and one BlackBerry from eBay 5 years ago. I looked into swappa.com as well, and even created a profile and ad for when I was selling my gs3. I recommend swappa to people since you have to prove that you actually have the device

Suny6

Reaction score
I got my replacement one of Craisglist. You can find some good deals on there.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Pico1, what did you end up doing?

Shadez, as a firm believer in Lookout and similar tracking apps I think it's pretty clear the answer to your question is "no". Where would you suggest would be a good place for us to discuss and compare apps like that?

(I'd suggest getting Lookout Plan B after the fact, but given this took place maybe two and a half months ago it may be moot by now.)

Jeff Deutsch

PS: Shadez, I see you have a Galaxy SIII yourself. Where did you get it, if I may ask?

comk4ver

Reaction score
FYI plan b doesn't work/install on devices over 2.3.4 so plan b isn't an option these days.
Pico1, what did you end up doing?

Shadez, as a firm believer in Lookout and similar tracking apps I think it's pretty clear the answer to your question is "no". Where would you suggest would be a good place for us to discuss and compare apps like that?

(I'd suggest getting Lookout Plan B after the fact, but given this took place maybe two and a half months ago it may be moot by now.)

Jeff Deutsch

PS: Shadez, I see you have a Galaxy SIII yourself. Where did you get it, if I may ask?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
OK, thank you very much for the heads up. As we all know more and more phones have ICS on up, so unless Lookout can upgrade its Plan B accordingly it will become much less relevant.

Does anyone know of any good Plan B tracking apps that do work on Honeycomb and/or ICS, Jellybean, KLP?

Jeff Deutsch

comk4ver

Reaction score
Actually there is a "fake" plan b out for everyone above gingerbread but I I currently use the following apps for recovery: Cereberus, remote ringer, Asurion mobile recovery (needs verizon backup assist), and where's my droid.
My personal favorites that I've actually used are Cereberus and where's my droid. Lookout the main app I heard is actually pretty good.
But since ice cream google has disabled a lot of great options according to the lookout dev. My main issue is the inability to remotely enable the GPS and data connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just found out about Android Lost:

How to find a lost or stolen Android phone [Android 101]

It's all the way at the bottom of the article because it's a "last resort" -- only because it's so generally reliable it works where so many other solutions fail.

As long as you've got Froyo 2.2 on up, you're good to go even after the fact. Though I have no personal experience with it, it sounds worth a try.

Good luck!

Jeff Deutsch