1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Where can I get a "free number" for my xoom????

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by addycapp, Oct 17, 2011.

1. addycapp

addycapp New Member

I had grooveip but its no longer free and sipgate is supposedly waiting on a new batch of free numbers so my question is: anyone know where I can get a "free number" for my xoom to make calls?.. I sure would like to make and receive calls and texts again.... I would appreciate he help

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
  2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I got one through Google Voice. Have you tried that? Once you submit it, the only time you can change it is if you pay $20, so choose wisely (I'm in MD but got a number registered in Ohio lol)
  3. addycapp

addycapp New Member

I tried getting one on Google voice but I kind of blew thru the process and it was a while ago so I forgot the number and pretty much screwed it up. But I spent 5$ for groove IP so now I have service but I would still like to get GV but it looks like Google voice is more like a voicemail and caller id because I don't see a dialing interface..... also thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate it.

4. bazar6

I know you'd definitely be able to text thru GV with your number, but yea I don't recall a dialer interface, just the option to use GV to make calls with your stock dialer (on your phone). I haven't done GrooveIP before, so I'm not sure how/if they are cross-compatible... wish I could've gotten you there, hope you're able to somehow get it working tho
  5. addycapp

addycapp New Member

This is going to sound stupid but uh... how do I get to the stock dialer? Because I just go to groove IP and the dialer automatically comes up...??

6. bazar6

There isn't one on the Xoom that I know of. I was referring to the stock dialer on your phone for GV, thats why I didn't know if/how it could be done on the Xoom.
Search tags for this page
finding motorola xoom phone number

how do i find my xoom phone number

how do i text from my motorola xoom
how to make phonecall from xoom

making phone calls on motorola xoom

thow to made call on my motorola xoom
what is my motorola xoom phone number
where can i get a free phone number from my tablet