Where can I get a "free number" for my xoom????

addycapp

Reaction score
I had grooveip but its no longer free and sipgate is supposedly waiting on a new batch of free numbers so my question is: anyone know where I can get a "free number" for my xoom to make calls?.. I sure would like to make and receive calls and texts again.... I would appreciate he help

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I got one through Google Voice. Have you tried that? Once you submit it, the only time you can change it is if you pay $20, so choose wisely (I'm in MD but got a number registered in Ohio lol)

OP
A

addycapp

Reaction score
I tried getting one on Google voice but I kind of blew thru the process and it was a while ago so I forgot the number and pretty much screwed it up. But I spent 5$ for groove IP so now I have service but I would still like to get GV but it looks like Google voice is more like a voicemail and caller id because I don't see a dialing interface..... also thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate it.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I know you'd definitely be able to text thru GV with your number, but yea I don't recall a dialer interface, just the option to use GV to make calls with your stock dialer (on your phone). I haven't done GrooveIP before, so I'm not sure how/if they are cross-compatible... wish I could've gotten you there, hope you're able to somehow get it working tho

OP
A

addycapp

Reaction score
This is going to sound stupid but uh... how do I get to the stock dialer? Because I just go to groove IP and the dialer automatically comes up...??

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
There isn't one on the Xoom that I know of. I was referring to the stock dialer on your phone for GV, thats why I didn't know if/how it could be done on the Xoom.