Where can I find....

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by MrsDebbi, Dec 27, 2010.

1. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I find the IRC chat for ChevyNo1
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I do not have a presence on IRC - here (and my email addy, chevyno1.droid@gmail.com) is the best way to get in touch with me ... do you have a question?
  3. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am/was having some quirks with my phone that no one seemed to be able to figure out. So I was hoping to get on Freenode and find someone to give me assistance. My phone is working and usable - but having some issues.

Recently I installed an app that was "bad" and over heated my phone. Because of this, my SD card lost its memory and I had to format it to be able to use it again.

I had no worries about formating ( i know I would loose some stuff and need to reload a ton, but it's just a phone, not my computer. :) ) as I had already done this when I purcahase and installed the 32gb sd card.

After completing the format, I installed SS4.9 with Wipe to make sure everything was good.

Here's where it gets weird...
    1. If I mount to my computer, copy files, eject from computer, turn off USB storage, and unplug the USB cable, within 5 seconds it reboots my phone. :icon_eek:

2. Prior to the format, I had all my files organized into folders - Now if I put anything into any folder my phone can't see them. All songs need to be in root directory with NO folders/sub-folders.
    Someone on the forums suggested I look for .nomedia files - which I found and deleted. That procedure only helped with photos,not music. If the music is in a subdirectory (sd/media/music) it says it can't support that type of media (but it's an .mp3)
    If I use file explorer to go to the .mp3, it will play.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled all music apps.

Have any ideas what's causing my problem or how to fix it?
  4. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:
    I removed all mp3 files from my phone and uninstalled Mixzing.
    Went to the stock Music app, and it STILL has my songs listed. if I try to play it it says Not Supported. Hmmmm

As far as the reboot when ejecting from computer - still happening.
  5. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did u format ur sd card while in thhe phone, or taken out and on your computer? I did not have the same problems (mine were different) but I formatted the sd card with the phone and it didn't have good results. I had to take it out and put it in the computer a format it that way before it did it correctly

sent with my thumbs
  6. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I vaguely remember doing it on the phone. So I moved all my apps back to phone, moved backgrounds and recent camera pics to computer so I can reformat on computer.

I opted to do the LONG format instead of the quick format too.

I'll keep you posted.
  7. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0

hope it gives you good results, mine worked great after that
  8. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Round 2 of format. First long format failed. So quick formatted and trying anotherlong format.
  9. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two rounds of long format and both failed. Only quick format worked. Which makes me think my card has problems.

Sent from my D1 using DroidForums App
  10. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Although the long format failed twice, it appears that I can now find all my music & pictures. Further testing required.

Sent from my rooted D1running SS4.95
  11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Definitely sounds like card issues - keep us posted on this last round - I have had freakish incidents with mine that a format took care of ... but not to the extent you have.
  12. beneharris

beneharris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not trying to speak for chevy here, but something like this may be a good idea to post in the rescue squad section, they have a bunch of people dedicated to this, and i'm sure are able to answer much faster (although it seems chevy has done an awesome job) :icon_ banana:

with that said, i agree it sounds like a card issue. maybe the voltage spiked and fried some of it or something along those lines. have you tried any others in there? if you still have the original 16gb try sticking that in there and see if your problem is fixed
  13. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried to scan the card for errors under properties but it didn't find any. I don't know if that's good or bad. But all seems functioning again since the quick reformat. I can put stuff into folders, move stuff around, and it seems to track it okay. I will see what happens when I load big movies. Thanks everybody!

Sent from my rooted D1running SS4.95