Where can I find the newest release of SPRecovery?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nateccnn, Jun 23, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I've been having some trouble with SPRecovery. Trying to backup or restore or install an update zip from SDCard I get an error status 31. This indicates the sdcard was not formatted using the Droid to format. So I formatted the sdcard. The error still comes up. But if I keep trying over and over again eventually I can mount the mmcblk0 and do the backup, restore or install. No logic to why it works sometimes but doesn't work most of the time.

So I decided to push a good copy of SPRecovery. I had originally installed SPRecovery via an sbf using RSDlite. This copy was set up to work with ESE81. It flashes the image file to prevent the stock recovery from coming back.

I found a copy of SPRecovery 0.99.3 and used Terminal Emulator to flash it to the device. Everything worked. I backed up the phone. Restored a previous back up. Installed a market fix via update.zip. It worked fine each time. So it leads me to believe the error was coming from that bad install of SPRecovery.

But now I have SPRecovery 0.99.3 and I used to have 0.99.3b. I can not for the life of me find a newer version via google search. Any help pointing to a downlaod. I am looking for the .img file. But an update.zip would work too I suppose.

Thanks,

Nate
  2. lmt1979

lmt1979 New Member

3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Install the free version of ROM Manager from the market. At the bottom, you can pick "Flash Alternate Recovery", which is SPRecoery 0.99.3b.

Or you can install Clockwork Recovery, which does everything SPRecovery does, and more.
  4. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Excellent! Thank you. Got 3b on my Droid now. And it did not solve my problem.

I am starting to think I have a hardware issue. The only time I have a problem is using SPRecovery to install or restore/backup. It says it can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1. Now...I can go into terminal and mount that directory. But SPRecovery can't. It also takes a long time for Droid to "Prepare" the SDCard. All of this started about two days before I installed 2.2 Froyo so it's not a Froyo issue.

Now...if it is hardware...how do you convince Verizon there's a problem with the phone when it works fine when booted into Android? The problem only affects me when I am doing "root" stuff. Something tells me they are not going to play nice on this. LOL

Nate
  5. CxanDroid

CxanDroid New Member

The SD card that came with my Droid absolutely will NOT work to 'restore' a nandroid rom, or install an update.zip.

I use an older spare SD card to do these tasks. sucky

You may have the same problem.
  6. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Yeah...I'm using the "sucky" card now. The one that came with the droid used to work fine. I can't find the darned thing. And I just ordered a class 6 from buy dot com. Should be here Friday.

I have tried four cards now and they all do the same thing. And it is getting progressively worse. I did manage to get a backup today. Got my system running real smooth right now and I don't want to lose that. Restoring may be an issue later on...but I did get one restore today so it's not a lost cause.

Nate
Search tags for this page

where can i find sprecovery