Where can I find free music to put on my Motorola Droid?

lydia93257

Reaction score
Ack looked in the market for imusic and found nothing. Same for musicjunk. Does anyone know if these Apps are not available anymore? Or am I totally just doing it wrong?

Big Cam

Reaction score
Ack looked in the market for imusic and found nothing. Same for musicjunk. Does anyone know if these Apps are not available anymore? Or am I totally just doing it wrong?
i music has been off the market for a long time, and musicjunkie recently got taken off, due to the fact that you are illegally getting music.

There currently is no replacement for either.

lydia93257

Reaction score
So how complicated is the process of transferring my mp3s from my com to my phone? I know.... that's a totally diff thread / topic. That's my next search. Thanks for the reply. Im enjoying this place immensely! I <3 my Droid!

Big Cam

Reaction score
So how complicated is the process of transferring my mp3s from my com to my phone? I know.... that's a totally diff thread / topic. That's my next search. Thanks for the reply. Im enjoying this place immensely! I <3 my Droid!
Plug your phone into your computer via USB, open the floder thats called music and drag music to the SD card, very simple.

jgumphress

Reaction score
There is an app that comes preloaded on your Droid called Amazon MP3. Open that and in the search bar type in the word "free". You will be amazed how many, free for the taking, downloadable albums and singles they give away. Hint, there are more singles than albums for free so you will have to change it to singles on the top bar of their web site. If you don't have an Amazon account you will have to fill out one the first time you click on a song. But they will not bill your card one cent for all the free songs you down load. Also, it pops up with a note that it would be quicker to down load on Wi-Fi than 3G. Just click "proceed with 3G" and it will download.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I paid $33 or whatever it was for a premium Pandora subscription. Gives you 6 skips per station per hour, so with multiple stations you can skip as often as you like. Also streams in cd-quality 192kbps. Agreed it's still kind of a nuisance that you can't control what's played and they seem to repeat songs too much (pain to remove from the playlist 30 days).

But if you put in the time to really dial-in your stations, I think it's worth it. Then it's pretty equivalent to random play from your playlists.