Where are the "water damage indicators", and why cant we just coat them?

krott5333

Reaction score
Coat them with a clear protectant, like nail polish or something..

that way if it gets wet, it wont trip the indicator, and we can get warranty replacement

Mojo

Reaction score
One it is fraudulent to do that... 2) trying to coat it with something would most likely make it turn color anyways... 3) if you did manage to coat it a technician could tell it was tampered with thus voiding your warranty anyways... 4) there are multiple indicators to get them all would require you to take the phone apart... 5) only buy a expensive toy like the Droid if (a) you can afford insurance or (b) can afford to replace it outright.

Sharkey

Reaction score
One it is fraudulent to do that... 2) trying to coat it with something would most likely make it turn color anyways... 3) if you did manage to coat it a technician could tell it was tampered with thus voiding your warranty anyways... 4) there are multiple indicators to get them all would require you to take the phone apart... 5) only buy a expensive toy like the Droid if (a) you can afford insurance or (b) can afford to replace it outright.

Or just baby the heck out of it like I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojo

Reaction score
LOL. That too... but that does not always work either. That was what I attempted to do, now I have a broken screen. :( So I am going to have to pay retail for a new device. So I just decided if I am going to drop $500+ on a new phone I am going to wait until the shadow drops or go for the incredible when its back in stock.

Sharkey

Reaction score
LOL. That too... but that does not always work either. That was what I attempted to do, now I have a broken screen. :( So I am going to have to pay retail for a new device. So I just decided if I am going to drop $500+ on a new phone I am going to wait until the shadow drops or go for the incredible when its back in stock.

Oh lameee that sucks dude...Yeah I have invisibleshield and have broken 1 plastic hardcase from Verzion but it still looks brand new. I'm also a freak about my electronics though they have to be perfect! Never bought insurance though on any electronic! I think im just lucky (Knocks on wood).

Mojo

Reaction score
Yeah it does suck... but you know how the saying goes stuff happens hahaha. I think I may have to invest in the invisasheild. But I am going to take out insurance on the next one, just because the 90$ deductible is a lot easier to explain to the wifey than me spending $500 bones. She's getting tired of my phone addiction LOL

OP
K

krott5333

Reaction score
Yeah it does suck... but you know how the saying goes stuff happens hahaha. I think I may have to invest in the invisasheild. But I am going to take out insurance on the next one, just because the 90$ deductible is a lot easier to explain to the wifey than me spending $500 bones. She's getting tired of my phone addiction LOL

i've seen droids go on ebay for around $200, why pay retail?

Mojo

Reaction score
Because I plan on getting something other than the moto Droid. If I was going to stay with it eBay would be considered

z96Cobra

Reaction score
You could add another line for $10 a month and get discounted pricing. Then just transfer the new phone to your normal #. Put an old dumbphone on the new line and toss it in your car for an emergency. I did this once and saved ~$100 off the retail price of the phone and I had a backup phone and # if I needed it. Just figure up the price difference between full retail, 1 year contract and 2 year contract.

iPirate

Reaction score
I put tape over mine, the one behind the battery door

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are the "water damage indicators", and why cant we just coat them?
You could but it would be obvious that they were coated. I'd bet that they'd consider tampering with them the same as tripping them.