where are the sholes guys and our updates?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by evilsock, Feb 14, 2010.

1. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    after trying some 2.1 roms out of boredom i came back to my home sweet home , sholesmod 2.0.3,
    i know berzerker is no longer posting here. but we were getting daily updates, now , nothing. where are the rest of sholes? and are we going to be getting any more updates?
    this sucks, they finaly make a rom thats stable and all is going great for like a week, then boom. no more sholes fun . i like to know that they are at least still updating this , anyone know anything?

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm quite sure they are updating and working on things. It's not exactly just slap a few lines of code together to give you your updates. Relax.

If we start getting a bunch of "ZOMG WHERE'S THE SHOLES UPDATES" as much as the 2.1 update threads, my head's going to explode.

You said yourself the ROM is stable and working well, so what's the pressing issue that you need multiple updates each week?

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes had their plates full recently as well. I don't know what happened with Berzerker but that went on.... the falling out at AllDroid and then the issue with their server shutting them off because of exceeding bandwidth and having to get a new server. Also they're managing their own forum now as well.

Give em some time :)

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    they're probably working on their new home. i've seen a couple of them post help for ppl in here. don't worry ;) they'll be back soon i'm sure :D

5. kprambo

kprambo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea they did a great job on there rom and made it easy to get free or paid for. I support devs and even though I am not using sholes 2.0.3but have in the past really like there work. And have no probs helping devs do what they do. I was going though some files on my 4.1 adamz rom I love it btw and the text formats look like there there to activate if you chose to install them any info on this?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  6. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just think it would be in their best intrest so all their followers can know whats going on.
    just a post or a reply from them saying "hey we havent forgoten you guys" would be great.
    ive tried three 2.1 roms and despite the fact i LOVE live wallpapers, they just arent stable enough to have them as my main rom like sholes is.

7. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Think of it this way...you're anxious for updates. The time they spend babysitting people that are impatient for updates is time they spend away from actually developing said updates.

Just be patient, I'm sure they didn't just fall off the face of the earth. And if they did, you still have other non-2.1 ROMs that you can use.

8. geekabilly

geekabilly Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well, if you had installed the SMupdater and launched it today you would see that 2.0.4 RC1 is available...

9. evilsock

evilsock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i checked before i posted this thread but i also meant it was nice having berzerker here to chat and help us, im hoping birdman or another member will start posting again. i hope they can work it out with berzerker, its a shame, the whole thing was the best of the best all in one team, they are still the best. it would be great to find where berzerker is lurking now and see what hes working on

10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    did you update yurs? what's new in it?

11. geekabilly

geekabilly Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not yet -- I'm waiting until I can answer your very important 2nd question! -- UPDATE: just noticed there's a new .8 version of SM Updater available too == nice new UI!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  12. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
  13. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +169
    If anyone can see what's new with 2.0.4 maybe I'll root again. Overall Sholes was good but some of the random FC's were too much so I unrooted and sort of (im)patiently waiting for the OTA 2.1. I sure do miss OC.

14. geekabilly

geekabilly Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I recommend using SMUpdater (update it to v0.8, new today) and selecting the 2.0.3 ROM -- the .4RC appears to do nothing more than fix a problem some had with Google Maps in 2.0.2 -- I've had .4RC1 running for a few hours and notice nothing different with it from .3 around the house -- I was not experiencing any issues with 2.0.3 before -- one other note: 2.0.2 has been removed as an option on the .8 updater

15. A.C.Sanchez

A.C.Sanchez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What happened to Berzerker? Did he leave the Sholes team? I missed that.