Where are the QWERTY keyboards

urboyissues

Reaction score
With all the phones that are being shown off at the CES, I don't understand how come none of them have pyshical keyboards. I would love a phone like the Droid Bionic that had everything it has now + 1Gb of Ram, and 2.3 and a full QWERTY keyboard like the D2. Heck I'm sure they could make a phone with the flash keyboard that a friend of mine phone has (keyboard changes depending on how you open it). As far as smart phones go are we moving away from keyboards as a whole?

Phantom99

Reaction score
Personally once I got a phone with out a physical keyboard and got used to touch screens, I've never looked back. And I know a few people that have them and never use them. But hey that's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought my Droid 2 specifically for its physical kb but I haven't used it in probably over a month. I think its going to be an inevitable switch what with the quality and size of this and the next generation of screens.

tappin and a talkin

thegoatherder

Reaction score
With all the phones that are being shown off at the CES, I don't understand how come none of them have pyshical keyboards. I would love a phone like the Droid Bionic that had everything it has now + 1Gb of Ram, and 2.3 and a full QWERTY keyboard like the D2. Heck I'm sure they could make a phone with the flash keyboard that a friend of mine phone has (keyboard changes depending on how you open it). As far as smart phones go are we moving away from keyboards as a whole?

I agree with you. I'm on Verizon and was hoping for a kind of updated epic... but nothing, not even the merge. If I weren't on the family plan with Verizon, I'd go ahead and get the epic.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I did not like physical keyboards at all until I got the D2. There are times when I am typing on the virtual keyboard where I can not see what I am typing as I type. I just open up the physical one and carry on. I prefer the virtual keyboard, but there are times the physical one comes in handy.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The trend seems to be moving away from physical keyboards. I use my Droid 1 at home as a wifi device and i while i like the keyboard i find that i use the virtual keyboard almost an equal amount.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've wondered the same thing. I much prefer the touch screen. The only time I slide the keyboard out is to get the cursor in the right spot.

Swyped from the DroidForums App

Diab210

Reaction score
I have a droid 1 and used the slide out keyboard almost exclusively until I installed swype...now I almost never use it. still I'm reluctant to get a phone without One because as soon as I do I'll need it for something...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
At this point the only thing I miss a physical keyboard for is playing emulators. Games are much easier with physical keys versus on screen.