Where are the folders?

soupcon

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my Galaxy Nexus last Saturday and am still figuring it out. Will someone please tell me how to/where the file folders are located on the phone? My previous phone, Bionic, simply had a Folders app. I found it last week and even made a new folder, but now can't figure out how to access them....? Thanks!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my Galaxy Nexus last Saturday and am still figuring it out. Will someone please tell me how to/where the file folders are located on the phone? My previous phone, Bionic, simply had a Folders app. I found it last week and even made a new folder, but now can't figure out how to access them....? Thanks!

I am a little confused by your question.

[video=youtube;1DpwwLgj_hM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DpwwLgj_hM[/video]

^ is that helpful?

OP
soupcon

soupcon

Reaction score
Cheers, cupfulloflol! Thank you for the reply, I was losing faith in the knowledge of this place:biggrin:
No, I totally understand the surface folders, but am looking for the 'phone' folders. There are usually quite a few of them - it's where you can find the DCIM folder, Downloads, Media, etc. Can you help? If you open something like a .doc or .pdf and say 'save as', it is the folders that you can save it to. But, I can't figure out how to find them. In my Bionic there was an app the simply said Folders. When you touched it, it would open to two choices, Phone or SID Card. If you touched phone it would open this long list of folders where you could find the ones I mentioned above and many others. You can even make new ones. Which I did several days ago, but am now at a loss as to how to find the location again...

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Cheers, cupfulloflol! Thank you for the reply, I was losing faith in the knowledge of this place:biggrin:
No, I totally understand the surface folders, but am looking for the 'phone' folders. There are usually quite a few of them - it's where you can find the DCIM folder, Downloads, Media, etc. Can you help?

Oh, download a file explorer, something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer There are many others out there. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

OP
soupcon

soupcon

Reaction score
Ah, I downloaded Solid Explorer and there they are! Thank you very much, I appreciate! :hail: