Where are the Camera pics being stored??

rdburke

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid Razr Maxx and every other Moto phone I have had, OG Droid and Droid X stored the pics in the DCIM directory on the SD card. This one does not even though I have the settings in the camera pointing to SD Card. Can anyone help me out on this? Scratching my head still. Have searched but do not find. If they are still going to Internal Memory what can I do to correct it? If I posted this in the wrong thread I apologize.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
open camera go to settings on it and make sure its on the SD card..

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Should be on the SD card. Can you remove the SD card and use a reader to view the contents on a PC or hook the phone up to a PC via USB?

You can also try this:

System Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card. Remove the SD card after doing so and then reinsert it. Go through the same procedure and then choose "Mount SD card".

Also, is there another camera app installed that may be set to store the pictures elsewhere? Check that.

David

meatloaft

Reaction score
I just bought the Droid Razr Maxx and every other Moto phone I have had, OG Droid and Droid X stored the pics in the DCIM directory on the SD card. This one does not even though I have the settings in the camera pointing to SD Card. Can anyone help me out on this? Scratching my head still. Have searched but do not find. If they are still going to Internal Memory what can I do to correct it? If I posted this in the wrong thread I apologize.

There are two SD cards in the MAXX, one internal and one external. The internal one is named "sdcard" while the removable one is named "sdcard-ext"
In your camera app, you can set where the pics go to your external card. As for getting pictures stored on the internal to your computer, you will have to use the cable and mass storage mode, there will be three drives popping up, a cd drive, the internal SD, and the external SD.
The camera still stores to the DCIM folder on either card, btw.

OP
rdburke

rdburke

Reaction score
Already checked all the above. I do have a second camera app and it puts the pics here- /mnt/sdcard-ext/DCIM/Camera/*.jpg which is fine with me but my original camera app will not give me any file details except the name of the file when I click Picture Info and under the file name it says Unknown Location. Think I need to do a Factory Reset? I hate to but I like for everything to work. I can live with the Camera app that I purchased because it seems to work much better than stock.

meatloaft

Reaction score
Already checked all the above. I do have a second camera app and it puts the pics here- /mnt/sdcard-ext/DCIM/Camera/*.jpg which is fine with me but my original camera app will not give me any file details except the name of the file when I click Picture Info and under the file name it says Unknown Location. Think I need to do a Factory Reset? I hate to but I like for everything to work. I can live with the Camera app that I purchased because it seems to work much better than stock.

Did you check here?
/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera/*.jpg
This is the stock camera app's default storage location. If you haven't changed that in the stock app, any pics you have taken with it should be here.​