Where are the actual instructions to install the Liberty GB nightlies from scratch?

Taegost

Reaction score
So, after poking around for a bit and looking at the forums for over a week, I see a lot of people talking about the installation instructions for installing the Liberty Gingerbread nightlies, but I don't see the actual instructions themselves anywhere, besides "Download the toolkit and download nightly".
Well, for those of us that aren't currently on Liberty, what exactly does that mean? I also see that people are talking about an upgrade path using the incremental nightlies to avoid issues, but again, I don't see the actual instructions...
So, could anyone point me to the step-by-step instructions for those of us not on the ROM at all so we can get it all in one place?
Thanks!

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I was on just the deodexed rooted gb release and I went into liberty toolbox, rom manger nightlies, started downloading .2 after that was done .4 showed up. Downloaded that and only installed .4 which the toolbox did for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
So, even though the Toolbox specifically says it *only* works with Liberty, you can still install it on the leaked GB ROM and download the nightly?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a file if you're already on the leak

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I spoke too soon I guess. I just got the donate toolbox and i thought I could go right from Liberty to liberty gb. All I see is 0.4 and it says you have to already be on gb.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

mgault

Reaction score
I am on liberty 2.1 and v.1 doesnt show up in the nightly either I dont understand what is going on. It shows you .4 and .5 but i cant get to gb first

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to dl and flash the gb leak first. Look for the monster gb leak file for the d2 on droid life. Flash it and that will get you on gb. Then go into the toolbox and flash the nightlies

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/149821-need-help-getting-05-a.html

Read this thread. It's got good instructions in it.

Don't mind the SBF part. I figured out WHY some people say you gotta SBF back to stock Froyo. Apparently they were not clear enough to say that if you were on stock Froyo and upgraded the OTA update, from Verizion/Google, then you need to SBF back to Froyo stock 2.3.20 in order to take on the leaked Gingerbread with root. So, technically, you don't need to SBF if you haven't upgrade the OTA from Verizon/Google. Just wipe data and cache, and flash the leaked GB.

You'll find useful stuff in my thread.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see you came around on the sbf thing! How is 0.5 treating you? It's been a couple of days now right?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
It's good. I've been working my way around to trying to get the apps restored, the market updated properly so it's not getting stuck and force-closing, etc. Things are running a lot more smoothly instead of having to SBF back and redo the back-up and all that stuff again.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great! I'm definitely gonna do it soon. Keep me posted and thanks for your posts!