Where are my pictures

jyeh74

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4. I have about 94 pictures taken with the camera.

When I plug the USB to my phone, there are a couple folders. One is "pictures" This folder has nothing. The other is "Saved Pictures" This one has 5 pictures. I clicked through the rest of the folders but did not find the other pictures. When I take pictures with my camera phone, am I suppose to save this pictures as something or move them?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Don't know about the D4, but a lot of other android save pictures taken with the camera to the Camera folder, in the DCIM folder.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
J

jyeh74

Reaction score
thanks, thats where they were.

I wonder why there are "Saved Picture" and "Picture" folders. I'm guessing "Picture" are downloadable images, jpegs, not necesarily camera pictures.
Some of my camera pictures were in the "Saved Picture" folder but don't know how they got there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The D4 has TWO memory locations just like the Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX. The first is the Internal SD Card, identified as sdcard, and then the External (Removable) SD Card identified as sd[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]card-ext. You will find a folder in the sdcard-ext which is labeled DCIM, and in that folder is a folder labeled Camera (mnt/sdcard-ext/dcim/Camera). I believe there are your pictures.[/FONT]

OP
J

jyeh74

Reaction score
Currently, I am not using an external SD card, thus everything is saved to the phone. All the pcs should be in the DCIM folder in the "camera" folder.

So if you are using a SD card, when you take pictures, does it give you an option of where you want to save the pictures?

MobiJon

Reaction score
Currently, I am not using an external SD card, thus everything is saved to the phone. All the pcs should be in the DCIM folder in the "camera" folder.

So if you are using a SD card, when you take pictures, does it give you an option of where you want to save the pictures?

If its like the bionic you can open the camera go to /menu/settings and then select where the pictures are stored, sd or phone.