Where are my freaking pictures?

princeofhell

Reaction score
Just got an Incredible 2. Loving it. It's my first smartphone, so I'm a little new. I'm pretty tech-savvy, so it's all good. I am having a problem that I'm not sure how to fix and the Verizon store has never had it happen before. I'll take a picture with my camera, upload it, send it, leave it alone, whatever. The next day, I'll go to show someone and it's gone. I tried downloading a new camera app and it's doing the same thing. Where are my pictures going and how do I get them to stay put?

km75

Reaction score
What do you mean by uploading them? Uploading them to where exactly? Your phone doesn't automatically save the pics to the sd card?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

princeofhell

Reaction score
Uploading them to FB and Twitter. Even if I don't upload them, they disappear. And I'm not sure if they do save. I checked on my camera under applications.

"This application can access the following on your phone:

Storage: modify/delete SD card contents"

But there are orange warning signs next to all of them. Does this mean it's not accessing my SD card? When I checked under SD card in settings, it said it was mounted. How do I make sure my pictures are going to my card? Wait, does the phone come with an SD card or do I have to buy one for it? *facepalm*

Droid noob

Reaction score
It comes with an SD card.

I had an issue with the pictures I took being greyed out with just the default picture icon showing. If that is all your phone is doing, you. Can use am app called SD rescind and they all showed up again. It seems a lot of Dinc2 ppl have this issue.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

ffemt1974

Reaction score
I have the droid 2 and when I would take a picture it would show what it took but when I went to look at it in the gallery it wasnt there. Here is how I fixed my issue.
I took the battery out and put it back in and booted the phone back up. Problem solved.
Not sure if it was a bug but I hope it doesnt come back!

pdroid41

Reaction score
disappearing photos

Droid Noob, I looked for SD rescind and could only find SD Manager (plus 20 others). Which is the correct name for the app you mentioned? Removing the battery and pulling the SD card for a minute also works, but seems wrong.