Where am I, what to do???

n0m0n

Reaction score
OK well I am stuck in the middle of all this and trying to get my device up and running.
SO I installed UD10 tried multiple kernels and my device never setup as well as it did for some of the others who took the plunge on day 1.
So after having my device always lockup when I needed it the most (like answering a call) I tried to install another rom (backed up, wiped factory, cache).
When that did not setup correctly I tried to reinstall Rom Manager to try it that way (1st Cyanogen, then UD10 (which is what I really wanted)).
So I think it setup UD10, BUT I'm not really sure so because even though it says UD on the wallpaper but in the settings | About | it says Cyanogen 5.0.5.7 (WEIRD).
I then went back into ClockworkMod and now I am stuck with nothing working.

Another question is that I set up my partition the other night, added DroidSwop and it appears that my app's are installed on the card but they are not getting recognized when I go into the app list.

I think its syncing now BUT its been about 15 minutes.
I thought that if the apps were installed to the card that the app's would read by the device.

I just want to get back to a usable device, even though I like UD10.

I think I have missed multiple phone calls from my doctor that I needed needed to take, but I'm not sure.

Guess it always happens at the worst time.

Anyway any idea's???

Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, it looks like you're giving it the 'college' try, but have you tried booting into recovery manually? i.e., slide out the keyboard and hold down the 'x' button while powering your phone back on? And then you could restore to your last working system backup.

I read your post twice and didn't see you mention that you tried that.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Well, it looks like you're giving it the 'college' try, but have you tried booting into recovery manually? i.e., slide out the keyboard and hold down the 'x' button while powering your phone back on? And then you could restore to your last working system backup.

I read your post twice and didn't see you mention that you tried that.

Sorry I did that twice at first, nandroid option said it could not find a valid rom...

I know its valid because that is how I installed UD10 the first time.

When I get home I will mount via SPRecovery or ClockWorkMod which ever is up.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Cool, but what I meant was to just restore your last working nandroid backup, not to use the recovery menu to try to install the rom. After what I have just read between my two posts, I wouldn't even try Ultimate Droid. Giving LOTS of folks ALOT of problems.

good luck

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Cool, but what I meant was to just restore your last working nandroid backup, not to use the recovery menu to try to install the rom. After what I have just read between my two posts, I wouldn't even try Ultimate Droid. Giving LOTS of folks ALOT of problems.

good luck

Hmmm I thought when you choose nanroid it gives you an option to restore, advanced restore.

I tried both those options, and they failed.

Between your 2 posts???
Where are they located since BD is on lockdown?

Thanks

Last edited:

jbg25

Reaction score
I installed UD10 without a hitch...

When you made your backups how did you do it? With ROM manager? With SPrecovery? Simple or advanced backup? And if advanced did you select all the options (if not which ones)?

Sounds to me like your phone probably has not been fully wiped and re-written with all you have been doing. Here is what I would do....

go to settings->privacy->factory data reset

after that completes power off the phone and boot into recovery (hold x while powering back on)

Do you have a PC? Can you use ADB Shell? If so connect your phone (while in recovery and open open a command prompt...cd your sdk tools folder and open ADB Shell and type "format SYSTEM:"

Then on the phone select wipe data....then wipe cache

Then you repeat and format system, wipe data and wipe cache again.

Now if you have that reliable nandroid backup go to

advanced restore->choose backup
select the nandroid backup you trust(make sure you know this is a good one or you will have to do this all over again)
make sure ONLY BOOT, SYSTEM AND DATA are selected.
restore.

IF you do not trust any of your backups...choose the ROM you want to load...and load via the instructions given. I would not advise loading data from a previous nandroid as you can create this problem all over again. Hopefully, you have Ti Backup.

hope that helps